S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan on keeping my stock gas tank and relocating it. After I finish my rear bag set up I am going to shave the entire bed, meaning weld sheet metal over the top so it it totally closed. I am then going to make crossmembers (attached to the frame) that go through the bed foor to hold my tank and gas tank. That way If I need to work on them I can pull the bed off and they will be attached to the frame of the truck and be independant of the bed. This would mean I have to cut a hole in my bed floor for my gas tank and air tank. I was thinking about mounting the gas tank on a crossmember over the notch so I dont have to cut a 3rd hole and I can just cut one for the air tank and use the one for the notch for the gas tank. I need to know the demensions of the stock gas tank. Will it be to long to go sideways between my wheel wells? Will it be to tall to sit ontop of my 8in frame notches and not go past the top of the bed?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
AVTekk said:
The stock tank is about 12-13" deep I think..
I believe you are right. I just downloaded some pics of the last S10 fuel cell install I did, and I shortened the fuel pickup 2 " and the cell was 10" deep. I have 8 or 9 pics of how I do a fuel cell that I could put on a disc and send to some one that wants to put them up online for every one. I have all the steps, but the last one...actually screwing it together. Don't know what happened there :confused:

·
former title junky mod
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you would actully take time to read the post you would know that it doesnt have to look good because I am going to weld sheetmetal over the top of the bed, so no one will see it anyway. So the height of the tank is about a food or so.... Hmm, I will check out what I have to do to make it work.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
futuresweets10 said:
if you would actully take time to read the post you would know that it doesnt have to look good because I am going to weld sheetmetal over the top of the bed, so no one will see it anyway. So the height of the tank is about a food or so.... Hmm, I will check out what I have to do to make it work.
Well, in my opinion, if I KNOW I've got a stock tank relocated in the bed, I wouldnt like it, even if you couldnt see it. I'd much rather have a fuel cell. It's just my mind's image of what's underneath the covering...

·
former title junky mod
6,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IRSd_mini said:
I believe you are right. I just downloaded some pics of the last S10 fuel cell install I did, and I shortened the fuel pickup 2 " and the cell was 10" deep. I have 8 or 9 pics of how I do a fuel cell that I could put on a disc and send to some one that wants to put them up online for every one. I have all the steps, but the last one...actually screwing it together. Don't know what happened there :confused:
How hard is it to shorten the pick up and how short can you shorten it before the stock fuel pump cant be used

1 - 11 of 11 Posts