S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, what kind of gas mileage do you guys get on your 2.8's....i think i average about 15

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
85reds10 said:
just curious, what kind of gas mileage do you guys get on your 2.8's....i think i average about 15
thats about what i was getting with mine. is yours a 4x4?

·
Registered
152 Posts
my 3.4 gets

around 20mpg 'cause I'm not standing om the gas all the time like I did w/ the 2.8:bash:

·
Got Boost?
16 Posts
On my old 91 Sonoma w/ 2.8L and 5 speed, 2wd I averaged 20mpg all the time up till the day I traded it with right at 180k on it...

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Well mine had 202,000+ miles on it. it was getting tired.

but i think i am gettin around 20 or so with the 4.3 and i am not having to keep it floored anymore either.

·
V8 blazer member
29 Posts
holy crap, i thought those things were terrible i remember my ol' 4X4 i average almost 19mpg with my v-8 between school and back. that's driving anywhere between 65-85.

-the beast-

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
damn my 4.3 only gets 17 :( i guess thats the 2.8 advantage!

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
While we are on the subject

dont you want to get rid of that troublesome thing???But seriously what did you have to get off of for the 9 in.and brake set up?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Rick:

I actually may be selling the Pro Flo if it does not sell on the truck. My truck is on Ebay right now and I am offering it with a new 383 with intake and carb. If the truck sells, I will very possibly sell the ProFlo. I have a lot of upgrades I have performed to make it better and even have 2 different chips for it for 2 different cam intake duration ranges.

The 9" was not a cheap trip but I think I got a decent deal on it. It has a 3.50 with Trac Lock, 31 spline axles, late model GM brakes. I have about 1500 in it including the adjustable wilwood prop valve.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts