S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been averaging between 22.5- 24 mpg in the city with my 00 2.2 5 speed with over 105K. This last tank I Changed the oil and filter, cleaned the air filter, replaced the fuel filter, greased all the fittings, and basically gave it a good service job. It has recent plugs and wires (> 2 months). The first full take I ran through netted me 20.5 mpg. I know this is only one tank but I didn't drive any different. Used the same gas from the same exact station, same exact pump!

What would cause the decrease?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i live in florida and its been in the 90's for about a month now. I've ran the a/c for about a month as well. I just didn't think it would vary that much.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
i live in florida and its been in the 90's for about a month now. I've ran the a/c for about a month as well. I just didn't think it would vary that much.
did you use a diff viscosity on this change or a diff brand?you said cleaned the air filter, what did you do to clean it i hope for your sake you did'nt blow it out w/air that's not agood idea cuz it loosens the dirt in small particles and some get rearranged only to get sucked back in your motor. a new filter is 90% efficient until it's 10% dirty before it filters 100% never disturb the dirt get a new filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts