S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chevelle Whore
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,
I'm new to S-10's and pickups period. I bought this 85 s-10 with a ceased 2.8l, I've just replaced this thing with another 85 2.8l block. So my question to you is this, "How many gallons does the tank hold." It's a two wheel drive and did not notice any other tank under it. Also if someone out there has a similar setup what do you get for gas milage?
I'm an used to driving a small block chevelle that gets 10 miles to the gallon. So if you can help your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on taking a trip to California and want to budget the fuel costs vs. shipping costs for the merchandise I purchased from down there. Thanks for you help, Bob.

·
Chevelle Whore
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has a carb and it's an automatic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy,

I have a similar set up.85' S10 2.8L V6 Ext.cab.
I believe the S10 came std with a 13 gallon tank,mine came with the optional 20 gallon tank.To find out what options are on yours look in the bottom of the glove box.GM affixed a decal there listing all of the options equiped on your truck.As for mileage,currently mine has developed the oil leak from hell with one of the valve covers going bad.Before that I was averaging 21 MPG..(pretty close to 50/50 city/highway driving).I would normally fill up every 360-370 miles topping my tank off at 17.5 to 18.2 gallons.

I'm the original owner of my S10 which just passed 400,000 miles.
I overhauled the engine at nearly 200,000 due to a severe overheating....and the 4 speed auto with overdrive has been rebuilt 3 times,the first time paid for by me,the other 2 times covered by AAMCO's lifetime warranty...no charge.

Hope the info is helpful, Dag

·
Chevelle Whore
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's very helpful, thanks for the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.