S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the Zen of S10
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this G-tech accurate. I don't live far from Sears Point Raceway, but I don't know how or when they let the public play on the track. I wouldn't mind getting a G-tech to test upgrade by upgrade. Do you guys who have them notice changes as you perform your upgrades, or do you get readings all over the map?
For example, I have a k&n gen ll setting in my garage waiting to be installed. If I did a before and after test with G-Tech, would there be different readings?

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
i have one, don't get to use it to much. its a pain trying to find a place to use it. it should show a diference though on a b4 and after run. they are not real accurate all conditions have to be perfect to be even close. straight road and flat and level.

let me know if you find out when sears point lets anyone on the track. i would love to run mine. i'm just down in san jose,ca.
i hear the track in sacramento has days when anyone can go out and run.

·
the Zen of S10
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey joe,

will check the web for any info on Sears Point. I noticed quite a few of the folks here at the forum have track times from various areas of the country. Can anyone who has track tested give us some info like fees or rules? Will get back to you joe if and when I find anything out.

Course, I might chicken out since I'll be the only guy on the 1/4 track with a damn truck box on the back!

·
Registered
206 Posts
The trick to getting your G-tech as accurate as possible is knowing the weight of your truck with you in it. For consistency you have to do all your runs with the same amount of fuel in the tank, etc.

The G-tech is very consistent which shows you good before and after differences even if you can't get it to match your track times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts