S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
VERY NICE LINK!

I've noticed some oddities about my '02 S-10 Ext cab...needs to go to DLR for concerns with VEH that started Friday. I'll be reading and printing and pointing and such when I get there as my DLR has seemed to be pretty reluctant to do any warranty work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
And now I'm pissed...reading through the months...DLR salesperson (Doesn't really matter anyway...I worked for GM, wrote my own deal, bought the truck before I even saw it), told me that the Radio in my '02 S-10 LS will not work if installed in another VEH because the VIN is in the radio...now how in the hell does this work if per the 9/2001 issue it is NOT a serial data radio?? No communication with the BCM (Body control module) to match a VIN...hmmm...

Will be a very interesting trip to the dealer on Monday morning.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is this a recall item or what.....i don't have a warranty for my 01. It's looks like it's gonna take a lot of hours to install that. My dealar chargers 50/hr. But if it's a recall, then it should be free...right????

·
Registered
12 Posts
do you think that applies to a 92 4.3? i have a tick that sounds like its from the tensioner spring assembly. i probed it with an extension(ghetto right?) and not coming from block itself but loud ticking from the tensioner thing. i dont know its pretty annoying.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
xtreme2299 said:
Is this a recall item or what.....i don't have a warranty for my 01. It's looks like it's gonna take a lot of hours to install that. My dealar chargers 50/hr. But if it's a recall, then it should be free...right????
how can u not have a warranty?

Its less than 3yrs old........

Yes, recalls = free.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
so this ticking has nothing to do, at all, with lifters? both my 1994 especially (it sounded like there were marbles in there) and my 1995 (CPI with 6000 miles ticked slightly, sounded like spark knock but 2 dealerships said it wasnt) did that, and i was under the assumption that it was the lifters.

·
PCMPOWERTUNES
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it quite possibly could be lifters or valve adjustment . i inspect mechanical breakdowns for gmpp ford toyota and many others and i have been a tech for 15 years and i have seen plenty of 5.7 4.3 and 3.1,3.4,3.8 gm motors that had failed lifters . gm employees will tell you that they dont do that but i know the truth.

This is not a recall just a tsb , if you are uner 3yr 36 k they will fix it for free if your vehicle poseses this type of concern.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought the truck used....thats why I don't have a warranty. But the question about if it's a recall or not is still unanswered. If it was...shouldn't I have recieved something in the mail? I'm not too sure how recalls work. Forgive my stupidity.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have an 03 and so does my brother-in-law and the both tick at idle aslo, is this the problem?

·
Forum Junkie
21 Posts
hmm... mine also makes this ticking sound once in a while but not all the time, my truck has less than 1000 mile's on it too. I can't believe it... these mechanics at the dealer are gonna hate me. I already have it scheduled for some minor warranty things for Tuesday. I would hate to have them take chit apart on the engine already.

Truck info: 03' S10 4x4 4.3L

Do you think this is a big problem on the 03's as well?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
mine got 10,000 has done it since 1000 and bro in laws has 1800 or so and is doing it both 4.3 5 speeds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts