S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
not low enough , "best unfinished"
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i neeed advice. I barrowed y2k's bass cd it it kept blowing the amp's fuse. well the amp is a lanzar vibe250, it's bridged to 2 12' punches subs in custom inclosures. i ran the power with only 8gauge wire to try to keep the power limited and not breakstuff. I also am running a punch capasitor<-is that how you spell it. but the fuse is a 30 amp fuse. so what is the biggest fuse I could use and still be safe?

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
HUmmmmmmmm. I would have to say the amp might be over heating or it's nto wired correctly or there is a problem with the amp and it needs to be looked at.

There are many different reason why Fuses could be popping

·
Registered
287 Posts
There's also the possibility that you're just pulling too much power through it with that bass disk. Back several years ago, I upgraded amps, but kept the original power wire and fuse and it was fine until playing really bassy music, but then the fuse blew. Just put a bigger fuse in it, and it was fine. Just a suggestion.

Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
The biggest fuse you can go with 8 gauge is a 75A. What is the size of the fuse in the amp? I wouldnt go with anything bigger that whats in there on the power wire. :)

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
sLOW said:
The biggest fuse you can go with 8 gauge is a 75A. What is the size of the fuse in the amp? I wouldnt go with anything bigger that whats in there on the power wire. :)

Better watch it guys.. we have a professional here now...:D

S

·
0 Posts
LOL....Whats up Boom? You get them links? I sent them last night I think, or today. :confused: :D

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
sLOW said:
LOL....Whats up Boom? You get them links? I sent them last night I think, or today. :confused: :D
yup last night.. sweet. I cant wait to see your glass job when its done:bah:

·
Registered
26 Posts
My vote....

...probably nothing is wrong with the amp, I would check the wiring as stated above, check your connections, check your ground. This cd is prob just pushing your amp harder than usual, and the weakest link is giving out.....

Just my thoughts....

Cheers,
Russ

·
not low enough , "best unfinished"
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help. I talked to the lady at the store and she said that 60A is pushing it, and the 50A is still safe. so I went with the 50 A. and no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts