S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another forum with no luck. This is probably where I shouldve posted first but anyways heres my problem and sorry about the double posting. My fuse that runs the gauge cluster on my 2000 s10 blows repeatedly. I have changed it 3 times this weekend. Any ideas on what this is or could be? Or do yall know how i can find out?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i seem to have a loss of power with it. and this and the cluster is the only thing ive noticed. It also always seems to do it right as i start up the truck or right after i shift. I was wondering if maybe something in the automatic shifter could be doing it but i dont know, i was just trying to look at all the options.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
500 Posts
did you do any thing to the truck right b4 it started doing this, usually means your grounding out the power wire befor the load, i agree with orangesonoma

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i changed radios so I had the dash bezel off. So I guess i need to take it back off and check the wiring. Im just scared theres to many wires and im gonna miss some.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
500 Posts
well its gonna be a wire that is between the load and the fuse, something with power going to it. you might have just pinched a wire when you put stuff back together.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used a plug in harness. Im doubtful that its the radio because the radio continues to work when the fuse blows. I cant find whats causing it. Can I get a code reader and find the problem or will the code reder just tell me that i have a blowed fuse?

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
xtc_customs said:
try this .......clip the illum wire for the HU if you used it . or if you did not use it it might be bare in there and shorting out .
yeah check to make sure you left no wires unprotected behind the radio...

if you want ot be totally sure...remove the radio and see if it happens...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 13 of 13 Posts