S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have a link, pic, images, schematic with info for the fuse block for an 85 s10, carb'd (non-cali)? My text on my fuse box is very faded and I want to make sure I've got correct fuses.

I'm troubleshooting a problem with the cig lighter/horn fuse popping often but randomly when I put a phone or gps charger in there. Likely I need to check for frayed/crossing/touching open wires on back of cig lighter unit.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,268 Posts
Hey Joed. Check with deathpheonix99. He has lots of really damn good schematics. I had to swap wiring harnesses recently when my stupid ass fried something in the dash of my truck hooking up wires incorrectly in the dark...Long story. Anyway, the dash harness I 0btained from the junkyard had idiot lights instead of the gauges like my truck had. Believe me, I was very lucky to find that one. Most jackasses cut them up the day they hit the junkyard because they hardly ever bring correct tools to get the parts they need. Anyway...getting off track here. I got the schematic from him and was able to trace out how to hook up the correct wires to make it work. It was dead on accurate and much better than that garbage in my Haynes book (which ironically I like normally). Send me a PM if you can't get him or get to the links in his signature and I'll send you my copy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im looking for the fuse block text for an 85 s10 blazer 2wd ..To bad there isnt a link on this post for one.
I found this post in the search...
I guess I'll keep looking

·
Registered
855 Posts
84 and 85

Send me a pm with your email and I'll send you the bigger picture if it's what you are looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
The most likely reason for the random popping of the fuse is the charger(s) you're using - they're probably not "genuine" chargers and it's common for them to short to ground and pop the fuse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
sparkybuoy
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing