S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody tried to make their ram air functional by cutting holes in it and getting ahold of k&n and requesting an intake?

·
Sneaky White Person
Tundra
9,765 Posts
RAIN ??

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Its so funny that this has been brought up. I just got an xtreme fiberglass hood from a member of our club. He was in an accident and broke the hood. Well he gave it to me so i fixed the heed by refiberglassing it. I have been pondering making some kinda box or air deflectors to make the ram openings functional. Im still thinking about this and if i decide to do it i will post some pics.

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
There are a couple of functional ram air hoods for blazers on Ebay.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the only problem with that would be driving in the rain...maybe make some sort of soleniod-operated shutter for when it starts raining, and have an alternate air intake in the stock location for when that happens

·
Registered
563 Posts
ive been doin some thinking about a functional ram air hood, would be a real nice look and be nice to see the gains.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
id like to see it and a dyno :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
you most likely won;t see much of a difference with ram air on the dyno.. the way it works is to RAM AIR into the intake, ie: driving down the highway..

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
at most dynos the have a high powered fan blowing air.

·
import killer
2,470 Posts
BlazerLT said:
There are a couple of functional ram air hoods for blazers on Ebay.
i saw a few on there my self a while ago. i know they had one for my 88 gta trans am. if i got the wr6 stlye ram air hood. i was thinking about getting it to see if i can get it to work on my syclone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts