S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 s-15, doing the V8 swap, already have the motor, it's a 30 over 350 2 bolt that's been converted into 4 bolt with billet main caps with ARP bolts, Keith Black flat top pistons with 2 vavle reliefs, file fit moly rings, clevette bearings, Mellings performance 520 solid lift cam, edelbrock 1.5 roller rockers, holley street dominator intake, Holley 650 double pumper built my Matt Watson of Barry Grant, turbo 350 with shift kit and boss hoss 2800-3200 stall. I have not bought headers yet, has anyone on here used Headmans full length headers before?.. If you have how well did you like them, how low did they hang, they stay inside the frame ? thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have'nt used the Hedmans but freinds have.I had the Hookers.
The 5/8 tube headers stay in the frame and they also,have a 3/4 I was told stays in the frame.The 2" ones dump in the wheel well like my Stahl headers do.

The Hookers had the drivers side lower so,the exhaust pipe could go under the tranny cross member.I don't recall the Hedmans doing this.Even with the lower collector I never scraped themwith,at least a 2" drop up front

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn thanks, after reading all the pain that was involved in making the full lengths work, makes me want to change my mind now, decisions, decisions..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts