S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help me.

I have a 98 SS. Does anybody know of anyone that makes a high flow fuel pump for my truck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have talked with racetronix before for an walbro fuel pump in our stock location and he said that there would be some modifications to do . The syty setup is plug and play . On ours not .

·
the TOOLMAN
87 Posts
I just installed a Wilbro in my 95 s-10...plugs in stock location in tank...APE (link above^) offers an adaptor kit for like 8 bucks...every thing you need.no cutting or splicing...like a glove....

T

·
Registered
354 Posts
But everything changed in 96 - up . I can bet that yours look like the syclone setup .

·
Registered
466 Posts
I got my from the link above auto performance. Part# fpg003 HIGH pressure 255lph 85-92 GM universal. Had to modify the rubber boot that the stosk pump came out of by triming down the ribs and some other areas because the Walbro has alittle bigger diameter. And the fuel hose that comes with the kit is only about 5 inches long and you need about 1 foot. But you need fuel injected fuel hose, it's not cheap $5 a foot. It comes with the right wire conection so the electrical part is plug and play. And a new filter. There is a skinny hose coming out of the top of the stock pump don't know what it does but I didn't use it on the new pump.
It only took about a hour. 6 bolts to get the bed off and its right there.
I've been able to get my fuel pressure gauge up to 86psi.
And I think it sounds alot better than stock.
If you need any more info let me know.

·
Slayer of Hemis
209 Posts
I've been researching the Walbro fuel pumps, it seems that they have modified the fuel pumps to work with our late model trucks now.... a quote from APE's website...

Walbro makes many different fuel pumps. Their latest series of pumps are called their Gen-II pumps. They are a gear pump that can push an amazing amount of fuel. The models that fit most GM vechiles are the GSS242, GSS307, and GSS340. You may have also heard of the GSS242M, GSS307M, and GSS340M pumps. They are the same pump with the inlet machined-down a few thousandths so certain filters will fit on the inlet.

For several years, folks have been stuffing those pumps into the fuel modules of LT1-powered F-body and B-body cars. They weren't a direct fit, but if you trimmed a couple ribs out of the factory module, you could get the pump to fit.

In March 2004, Walbro introduced a version of the Gen-II pump with a new inlet. The pickup was offset to one side, like many of the GM vehicles on the road. The following photo shows the OE F-body pump, the GSS340 and the new F20000169 pump.

This pump is currently only available in the high pressure 255 liter/hour version. The popular GSS340M pump has been discontinued, so the kit I call FPG003 now contains the F20000169 pump and proper installation bag-o-bits for GM applications.
http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/lt1_kit.html
Hope this helps :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts