S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's Located in the gas tank, you gotta drop the fuel tank to get to it. Just remove the straps that hold gas tank in place, then lower a little bit to gain access to filler neck remove the bolts and remove the fuel lines to the pump and the elec. connectors, and drop the tank. It'll be easy to drop when the tank is close to empty.. Mine started to fluctuate pressure around 80,000 miles. So I just replaced no problems since I hope this helps good luck.......

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, im guessing my fuel pump is gone i drove it all day then tonight i was going to a friends house and it sounded like it was missing then finnaly everything just cut off, it turns over fine. so does it sound like a fuel pump to you guys?

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Venom makes a performance fuel pump for our trucks.It's supposed to be exact fit.I think its like $225.You can get a mechanics fuel pressure gauge at any auto parts store for $40-$60.I would suggest checking the fuel pressure before replacing the pump,that should tell you if thats really the problem.Has your check engine light come on when the vehicle is running?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my check engine lights been on for over a year but that because of something else. and the humming has stoped so i figure its gota be the fuel pump

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright after working on it today i found out the fuel pump is still working, so then i thought maybe the fuel filters clog well that wasnt the problem either. so i have no clue why it will not start. anybody know of anything else that may be wrong with it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
you might have a bad relay in your fuse box under your truck i had the same problem they had to replace my whole fuse box i had the same problem that you are having.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The fuel pump went out on my X when it was 3 days old, it only had 330 miles on it too! it also happened on a saturday night, the dealer was closed...no car rental places open till monday, i was so mad:(

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a 96 and i have relays in my glove box is their a fuel relay in their? theirs like 3 or 4 relays in their

1 - 12 of 12 Posts