S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has a 96+ S-10 that they swapped the V8 in and used a diff electric fuel pump? I ripped the injection off of mine and put a holly regulator on, but its not working the greatest. I would use a mechanical fuel pump, but my Vortec block has no fuel pump push rod provision in the block:bash: I was thinking of just pulling the fuse and putting a holley blue in-line, but didnt know if that would pull fuel through the old pump very well. I dunno, HELP ME!!:confused:

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
You need to replace the one in your tank with an upgraded fuel pump... Once ya do that then your good. The orginal fuel pump that came with your 4 banger won't cut it, or if ya had a V6 then you'll be fine but its recommended to throw in a inline electric fuel pump to assist the in tank pump. Do a inline Bosch electric fuel pump, those are awesome, and their good up to 800hp...

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a 6

but I'm worried about pressure, not really the pump keeping up. The edelbrock carb isnt gonna like 60 lbs of Vortec pressure. I have a 12-804 regulator on it, but dont know what the actual pump is putting out. I was wondering if I put an inline Holley red or blue on it, is it gonna suck gas through the inoperable tank pump fine? That way I'll know for sure what pressure I'm getting. Thanks for the info before Vette.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
you need to get a guage for after your regulator. You should be running around 6psi or so to run a carburator. any more than that and you will be flooding it. any less and you could starve it.

I put a cheap ass guage from auto zone on my and they had all the fittings to put on the actual regulator. I have mine set at 6.5psi and it works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts