S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JON
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im trying to get my enging running again its been quite some time since it's been fired up and pretty much completely torn down and built back up.. so first i thought the firing order was off but it was right and then i thought it might be out of time 180* but after finding tdc it was ok.. so i poured some fuel into the carb and it sounds like it wants to fire occasionally but i dont think i have any fuel pressure.. my fuel system consists of a holley high flow mechanical pump, and holley regulator, ive also added an inline pressure gauge, and clear fuel filter on the line from the pump to the regulator.. so i guess my question is how do i go about priming my pump.. i can obviously see there is no fuel in the clear filter and the gauge is on zero.. do i need to manually open the line and pour fuel into it?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i just shot a touch of starter fluid in and a bit of gas....once it hit and fired for a second or two the pump took off.....

you got gas???

·
Registered
471 Posts
you sure you got fuel in tank? I know it sounds stupid but I had a guy bring me one swearing that his pump was bad fuel guage showed 1/4 tank but it was bone dry

·
JON
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i had gas in the tank like 1/2 tank.. i pulled the line off at the regulator put a funnel on it and filled it with fuel on the send side of the fuel pump and reattached it to the regulator and it fired right up..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts