S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an '85 S10 with a 2.5 engine, the truck had a small fire and burned the engine and ac harness the seller also threw in another engine harness along with the truck and after looking at a schematic for this truck everything checked out but I can't find where this one connecter goes, it's the fuel pump relay and the connector is labeled as the fuel pump primer but I can't find where it goes if anyone can help me out it's much appreciated.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Hood Electrical wiring

·
Been there Done it
13,194 Posts
It doesn't go to anything. It is as you say the fuel pump "primer". If your fuel pump isn't working and you suspect it's the relay you can touch a 12V jumper to it to see if a direct feed to the fuel pump will run it. When diagnosing a non operating fuel pump it's useful because it is a direct wire to the pump. The only thing it won't help with is a broken ground wire on the pump. That's the first thing to check if you apply 12V to the primer lead and nothing happens. If you have a good ground and you apply 12v to the primer wire and nothing happens, your pump is dead. If it runs then the problem is the relay or something between the relay and the key.

Reactions: Gen210
1 - 2 of 2 Posts