S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I think I might be in the wrong Area so I apologize first.... If there is a way to move me to the correct place please do so.

I have a 1998 Chevy S-10 4.3X and for the past month I noticed it's sometimes really hard to start... (for example - sometimes fires right up, other times it will crank and crank and crank) the times it does crank a bunch with the no start, I noticed if I spray a little bit of WD-40 or Carb Cleaner into the vacuume port (before the MAF of course) it will fire up and runs perfectly fine all day starts up every other time with no issues after that

My question is. Is this a failing fuel pump, Fuel pressure regulator or a bad crank sensor? I thought I would go more into detail because most people jist say "won't start unless i use starting fluid" then gives the impression that it just only runs on the starting fluing then dies. Mine will fire up and stay running just needs the starting fluid for the first initial start up.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,720 Posts
Hey I think I might be in the wrong Area so I apologize first.... If there is a way to move me to the correct place please do so.

I have a 1998 Chevy S-10 4.3X and for the past month I noticed it's sometimes really hard to start... (for example - sometimes fires right up, other times it will crank and crank and crank) the times it does crank a bunch with the no start, I noticed if I spray a little bit of WD-40 or Carb Cleaner into the vacuume port (before the MAF of course) it will fire up and runs perfectly fine all day starts up every other time with no issues after that

My question is. Is this a failing fuel pump, Fuel pressure regulator or a bad crank sensor? I thought I would go more into detail because most people jist say "won't start unless i use starting fluid" then gives the impression that it just only runs on the starting fluing then dies. Mine will fire up and stay running just needs the starting fluid for the first initial start up.
Read this...

Reactions: Lowerd98

·
Registered
81 Posts

Could be blocked filter or weak pump not reaching min pressure to kick injectors on cold start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts