S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 chevy s10 zr2 I have put a new fuel pump in new relay checked all the fuses and still have no power to the pump I have tryed the 30 min pass lock reset the security light flashes when u put the key in the switch but the. Shuts off a few seconds after it is turned on but still no power the truck will start and run if u run a hot wire to the pump I have checked grounds and got a new battery with no luck help!!! Please I am at my wits end with it

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,662 Posts
Did the pump come with a new harness that had to be spliced into the current harness? The new harness usually comes with an instruction sheet that will cover your specific pump/harness. The colors on the new harness may match the wire colors you have, but may not go to the same color wires. What brand pump did you buy? Hopefully AC/Delco or Delphi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Delphi from Napa I spliced the plug went by the sheet got a meter out
And checked wires I have the 5 volt signal to the pump but that’s it

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,662 Posts
This is from the sticky by Burned in the 262/4.3 section. Have you tried this??

Fuel Pump Activation
When the ignition switch is initially turned to the RUN position, the Powertrain Control Module, (PCM) activates the fuel pump relay for approximately 2 to 3 seconds. This time frame is referred to as “pump prime”. If the PCM does not receive a signal from the crankshaft position sensor during this time, it deactivates the relay. Fuel pressure must be tested while the pump is running, and the engine is off. 1998 through 2005 have a pump prime terminal in the under hood fuse panel that can be used to activate the fuel pump. Applying battery voltage to the terminal bypasses the relay and activates the pump continuously.

·
Registered
99' S10 LS 2.2L
30 Posts
Thanks I will let ya know what I figure out
I totally believe in what Rhotpursuit tells you to try and I know you said you checked the grounds but I still wanted to help. Did you check the grounding junction at the rear of the frame on the driverside? The other week on my S10 I thought my pump went out but it turns out the ground came slightly off the frame. My brake lights and fuel pump are grounded there. I re-terminated the grounds, installed a new Quantum hi flow pump and painted the frame. Good to go! Good luck dude, I hope it's nothing major.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts