were is it located?

thanx in advance
T

·
the TOOLMAN
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
soo,its in the throttle body itself??
can it be tested//replaced?? or is it part of the assm.?
im getting a pressure fall off under boost-bypassed the aftermarket afpr and it still happens soo its not the a/m afpr...i ordered a Wilbro h/p fuel pump...just want to make sure the stock one(fpr) isent causing the problem....

T

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Yep it's in the TBI it self. There's way of making the stock one adj.
Go the link below and pull up tech articles then afpr. One other thing
you have to take into consideration is the factory set limits on the
fuel managment or intergator/block learn the factory programs into
a stock ECM. You may have to get a custom chip made up or a
reflash. I don't know which one you have. Link>>It's under
"adj fuel pressure reg for TBI f-body cars" Same TBI we run. The
220 model.

www.thirdgen.org

·
the TOOLMAN
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah...been down that road...this particular pcm cant be minipulated,reflashed,reburned,relearned,or even swapped due the funky 1/2 assed,middle model year computer...and a 5 speed to boot...
the system works perfect UP TO 6psi of boost...then drops after that...my idle pressure is low soo i think the injectors are starvin a bit...thats why i ordered a h/v pump.gonna control the pressure/volume with the afpr....see what happens...i know this is a "blowers and bottles" issue but i was questioning the stock regulator,sorry for mixing the fornm subject...

thanks for the link.
T

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sure. Here's one other item you may be interested in. GM makes a
VACUUM controlled afpr. I think it was made for the marine TBI.
It's sweet as the it works off of manifold vacuum. As you get it on
manifold vacuum goes away and the fuel press is increased. I'll try
and find the link for it. This may be just right for you. The price
was 76.00 I think and it replaces the top pod cover that holds
the injectors in with the vacuum afpr in the stock posistion..

I know it was posted over at the www.s-seriesforum.com
in the 6cyl forum awhile back.

Alright here ya go..

www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48819
www.top-downsolutions.com/default.php

·
the TOOLMAN
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the links.i was looking at a Holley afpr for $175- to replace the Whipple afpr cause the Whipple one sucks-hard to adjust with any accuracy and wont push over 19 psi,and at 10lbs of boost im looking for at least 22psi of fp
the holley is 1/2 the size of the Whip. and also boost sensative.combined with the h/v pump i think my fuel delivery issue will be resolved...with any luck...

gonna go check out the links...gotta set up an account.
thanks agian
T

·
the TOOLMAN
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the links..the second one has some good info,but there talkin n/a of coarse and the forced induction requires quite a fluctuation in fuel pressure...i by-passed the Whip.afpr and the idle pressure is now at 19 psi...truck has never idled soo good...runs great up to 5-6 lbs of boost then the pressure falls off...when it needs it most....received my Wilbro 255 h/p pump last night and hope to get it in this weekend...i got a guy over at the sy/ty sight helpin me out too...he thinks the pump may cure the problem...

we'll see...
thanks for you imput,bg
T

·
the TOOLMAN
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i got the Wilbro h/p 255 pump in sat and my fuel pressure fall off is resolved...this pump is a MADMAN!!...its bangin out 28 psi at 10 lbs of boost....and it keeps a solid 14 psi at idle...now i have clean,hard acceleration right up to the 10lbs mark with no audible pinging...but im gonna throw a scanner on it and check for knock retard..if that looks good its a trip to the dyno to see what the w/b 02 sensor has to say....see what the new numbers are....
gonna get the Holley a/f/p/r when the funds permit and get rid of this p.o.s. Whipple regulator

thanks for your help bg
T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts