S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, Iam new on here, I want to first thank you all in advance for your help, I bought a 1987 s10 blazer 2.8 4x4, it ran when it was parked, its been sitting for 6 yrs, I towed it home and started looking it over, I wont start, it would crank but not start, if I did notice the fuel pump was not coming on, and if I spray starting fluid down the throttle body it will fire up till it runs out of starting fluid, so I went back by the tank and checked for power at the pump, there is, so I got a new pump, and when i pulled the tank I say it was rusted inside and out from sitting for so many years, so I went and bought a new pump, sending unit, and tank, put it in and tryed to start it, still not starting but its got fuel flow now, it leaked on the lines so I replaced all the lines, went to check the filter out and on the 2.8 you know its on the block, I pulled the rubber line off the bottom, turned the key and it shot fuel out, so its getting gas to the filter, I put the line back on and pulled the metal one off the top of the filter and turned the key, again shot fuel out so now I know its getting fuel, I pulled the line off the throttle body and fuel came out so I know its getting fuel up to the throttle body, HOWEVER nothing is comming out of the injectors, I took the harness off the injectors and pluged in my noid light, hit the switch and both are pulsing like they should so its getting power to the injectors, Iam at a stump here, I dont know what to do now, its getting fuel, but not thru the injectors, and the injectors are getting power, any help would be great. thank you so very much and I look forward to being on this forum as much as I can, getting help and helping others. thanks.....

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Well youve done everything right so far the injectors are probably just all full of shit... 6 years is a long time. Id definitely change the fuel filter if you havent should be one on the frame rail as well? Mine was there on my 87... Sounds to me like you need a new set of injectors or there is a clog somewhere that is allowing fuel to flow just not at a high enough pressure to spark off the injectors... Pairs tested and used on ebay for $40

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
S10 Pilot
17 Posts
X2
Nowadays gas turns to sludge in about a month so if it sat for 6 years with fuel in the TBI housing and injectors they are probably all plugged up/

·
FFAMatt
197 Posts
I would get a new set of O-rings for your injectors, and take your injectors out and spray them down/clean them out with spray fuel injector cleaner, it would help alot. Go from there, then see what they do after that. You may have to just replace them. Are the terminals clean? if not clean them off too.

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks for the help, I need a complete throttle body now, i bought a rebuild kit and when we were putting it back together the metering block cracked, so I dont know if cleaning the injectors and installing all new gaskets helped or not because now its spraying fuel out that crack so its not getting to the injectors now lol, anyway, if anyone has a complet throttle body they want to sell off a 2.8 tbi motor, please let me know,

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Don't have any of the part you needing but I have about 6 bases. I'll look around. That top is the same on all TBIs as long as you run the 2.8 injectors and regulator. Pretty sure the reg is the same but not 100%.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help, I did get it running, I bought a tbi from the junk yard bolted it on and it fired right up, BUT it runs like crap, it will idle great, and when in park it will rev fine with plenty of power and no mising, but when I drive it is bogs down and stumbles and just has no low end power, I took it down the street got it up to about 60 but it took forever and just acts like it wants to stall but doesent, again when its in park it idles and runs great, just seems like when its under load it runs rough, I checked all the wires and plugs and dist cap and rotor and looked for vaccum leaks, iam at another stand still but atleast I have it running now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts