S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 2.2L Turbocharged s10. Building about 5lb boost. Recommendations on fuel injector sizing /brands looking to build more power

·
Registered
2000 2.2l sonoma Brand new motor
151 Posts
I have a 99 2.2L Turbocharged s10. Building about 5lb boost. Recommendations on fuel injector sizing /brands looking to build more power
I have a turbocharged 2000 2.2l sonoma running about 7-8 psi daily. I reccomend 40 or 42lb injectors, I have not had a single problem with fueling. Just make sure that the ones you get are high impedance and that they fit the fuel rail. I have 2 tuned computers tuned with a turbo and 42lb injectors, if you end up going the 42lb route then i can ship you a solid tune for it if you want.

I will also recommend checking out some of the other turbo build threads on this site, they were a great help to me while i was working on mine.

Edit: When i bought my turbo kit it came with 2 tuned computers, i have tested both of them under load and in boost up to 8 psi. They both work well.

·
Registered
2000 2.2l sonoma Brand new motor
151 Posts
I will say, if you have the manual transmission be careful with how much power you push unless you want to swap in a t5, The manual trannys are only rated for 180lb torque maximum. And the weakest part of the motor would be the pistons and rods, they are rated at 240-300 horsepower maximum. keep it under 8 psi and you shouldnt have any problems with the internals provided the motor is in good condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts