S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a '96 2.2 and i'm having problems with one of my fuel injectors. it stays open and makes the inside of my truck smell like gas when it just sits there. I know i need to change it but is there any other chevys that have the same fuel injector? i'm on a tight budget and i'm willing to try to get one from a junkyard instead of buying a brand new injector from pep boys for 117 +20 for core !
thanks

42,008 Posts
cavaliers, grand ams and a few other FWD GM's have the 2.2 in them, i got mine from a grand am.. just make sure it's around the same year but nothing after 97, the engines will look the same as yours(the black finned valve cover is a dead give away) so just poke around until you come across one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ended up finding the injector on a cavalier and i put it in. after priming it about 4 times to make sure each injector was fine and wasn't leaking i tried to start it and it sounded like it was clogged with fuel, took out a spark plug and tried it again. it shot out all the fuel that was stuck in there. i cranked it again and it started, but shot fire out and lit up everything that got wet from gas from the previous crank. i was scared as s*** and threw water to put it out. luckily nothing got burnt too bad and I ended up putting everything back together and got it running. I never knew i could be so scared to try starting my truck. I'll post pics of the damage soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts