S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would keep the fuel tank from getting full. My tank will only fill to the line under the Full. Most I've seen, including my 2000, would go wayyy past the full line.I've even filled up the tank to the point where it was coming out the filler neck, and it still didn't go past full. It's not a big problem, but just wondering what might be the problem to fix it..I'm not having any other problems otherwise.....

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
devilman13xx said:
bad sending unit or faulty guage, but if its working enough to not leaved ya stranded then its not a big deal

have you ever pulled the needles off for a whiteface swap or anything like that?
Well i bought it used, so that was the first thing i thought of, since i was doing that shit to the 2000. But the fuel light comes on right when it hits E. But i doubt the guy fooled with the guages, because they don't look touched in any way...

The sending unit is with the fuel pump right??? If it was the sending unit I thought the gauge would move up and down all the time..

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, I'll probably fill it up and fix the gauge myself..not a problem either way...

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
devilman13xx said:
you could filler then reset the needle and hope for the best lol, do you have the overhead info center dealy? mine tells me how many miles left to the tank so i go by that most of the time
yeah, i'll probably do that..I don't have any other way of checking the MPG,ect except for the tripometer..

·
bling bling like WHOA
646 Posts
devilman13xx said:
you could filler then reset the needle and hope for the best lol, do you have the overhead info center dealy? mine tells me how many miles left to the tank so i go by that most of the time

wtf, what console does that? my blazer just shows temp and compass.. mpg would be freakin sweet!

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
xtreme03blzr said:
wtf, what console does that? my blazer just shows temp and compass.. mpg would be freakin sweet!
I was wondering that too. I know on my pop's silverado it calculates the MPG but it's in the cluster...

·
Registered
476 Posts
if i am correct the fuel gauge will read completely full if you disconnect the connector at the pump. disconnect the connector at the pump and turn the ignition on. you should see the fuel gauge needle peg to the high point. if that highest point is where your needle stops when u fill it up then its ok. if the needle goes past the point when you fill up the truck then your float is probably getting stuck on the sending unit wires when it goes up.

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lampug said:
if i am correct the fuel gauge will read completely full if you disconnect the connector at the pump. disconnect the connector at the pump and turn the ignition on. you should see the fuel gauge needle peg to the high point. if that highest point is where your needle stops when u fill it up then its ok. if the needle goes past the point when you fill up the truck then your float is probably getting stuck on the sending unit wires when it goes up.
that's excellent info..Isn't that connector at the pump itself?? That means I'll have to take off the bed right???I sure hope not. Maybe there a connector farther down the line I can unplug. later

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The ground for the pump is at the back of the driver side framerail rail with the ground for the lights, I think disconnecting that would do the same ad unpluging the leavle sender. But im not for shure if its the same ground for the sender...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts