S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know this is probably a stupid question, but which direction do i need to mount my fuel cell, with the sump towards the front or the back? i would say the back so that under acceleration the gas goes to the rear. it would be easier to mount it with it towards the front though so that if i had the front up and the rear down it would have more clearance. the sump sticks down about an inch and a half. its a 15 gallon aluminum cell from jegs. thanks.

Brian

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Towards the back is the traditional way to mount it. Like you said, if you accelerate then the gas is going to go towards the back, and if you have the front up and the back down then gas is gonna be in the back as well. Mount the thing as high as you can, thats all you can do.

·
WANTED: 4" Bodydrop
686 Posts
i mounted mine to the side cause the upper x-member for my bags was in the way. oh well. if youre doing a cell make sure you get one that accepts stock pump and sending unit. trust me youll thank me later :smoke:

Attachments

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
laynframe said:
i mounted mine to the side cause the upper x-member for my bags was in the way. oh well. if youre doing a cell make sure you get one that accepts stock pump and sending unit. trust me youll thank me later :smoke:
mine has a sending unit that came with it. i'm using a high flow fuel pump with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. i'm in the middle of installing my ls1 so i needed a little more fuel than the stock pump would put out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts