S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i added the ZQ8 suspension to my 00 S10.. The ZQ8 package came out of a 98 sonoma. If i hit a good size dip i get a clunk.. And while i was underneath changing the oil yesterday i saw where it was contacting the frame. Ill get a pic up of it.. Why would the ZQ8 sway bar hit the frame? I was thinking of possibly spacing it but wasnt sure yet. what do you think?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it's not upside down. I know that cuz when I first installed it it was upside down. But I flipped it already

·
Registered Hoosier
4,797 Posts
links too long ? pics?

·
Registered Hoosier
4,797 Posts
You want the ends where the links attach level at ride height.
I installed 2" belltech springs in my 95. 2" shorter links were just right.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You want the ends where the links attach level at ride height.
I installed 2" belltech springs in my 95. 2" shorter links were just right.
I'll have to check that out. Makes sense. I might have to cut them down and get shorter bolts. Unless they sell the right sway links. Cuz it's just stock zq8 springs and sway

·
Registered Hoosier
4,797 Posts
I just went in to o'really's and told them the length i needed and they dug me up some .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So did you fix your clunk?
No not fixed yet but I'm guessing that's the issue. Unless someone chimes in and says yes there are different part #'s for zq8 and non zq8 trucks. Saturday I will be tackling this. Either cutting the sleeve or buying a shorter link and giving it a try.

·
I turn.
2,611 Posts
Is it contacting on both driver's and passenger's side? If it's only hitting on one side try loosening up the frame mounts and tapping the bar over with a hammer. The only thing centering it is the end links so sometimes it can take a while to find center on its own.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It hits the passenger side harder than the driver side. They both hit but according to thearks on the frame.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts