S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
alone i break
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im not sure on this but do i have to have my front shocks relocated or can i just do away with them i need some pros and cons on this i have read on the forms that if you dont have them the front bounces a lot i just ne some ideas. thanx:tony:

·
aka 74 courier
742 Posts
id keep the shocks casue you dont have a suspension without them

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I'd relocate em, rides and handles like ass without em.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
I'm running without shocks right now and I want to have them installed cause it is a little too bouncy for me and i hate riding low and bottoming out on bumpy roads. I also hate having to roll with the front end all the way up, it just looks goofy. i got bags to ride low not the other way around.
Shocks . . . I highly recommend them. :thumbup:

What I also recommend is getting song lyrics corrected here's the proper end to those lyrics you got in your sig Derrick70

"I got more rhymes than the bible's got psalms" :D

·
alone i break
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had to mix it up. but i was just wodering because i plan a bagin it in mid jan i have all the stuff for the front nothing for the back yet but that wont be long o and i cant that jason enough for all the kick azz stuff hel sells

·
Slam-I-Am Member
2,002 Posts
anotherblacks10 said:
I'm running without shocks right now and I want to have them installed cause it is a little too bouncy for me and i hate riding low and bottoming out on bumpy roads. I also hate having to roll with the front end all the way up, it just looks goofy. i got bags to ride low not the other way around.
Shocks . . . I highly recommend them. :thumbup:

What I also recommend is getting song lyrics corrected here's the proper end to those lyrics you got in your sig Derrick70

"I got more rhymes than the bible's got psalms" :D

hahaha i pointed that out in another post somewhere lol
oh yeah
run shocks

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Definately relocate your shocks. It's too damn bouncy (as everyone else said). I tried doin some kinda hard corners with it and it felt like I was gonna flip or somethin...

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
The main reason people choose not to run shocks is because you loose about half of your turning radius with them. When I had them on my truck I had trouble parking in a parking lot because I couldnt make the turn into the parking spot. Thats the reason I took them off.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
futuresweets10 said:
The main reason people choose not to run shocks is because you loose about half of your turning radius with them. When I had them on my truck I had trouble parking in a parking lot because I couldnt make the turn into the parking spot. Thats the reason I took them off.
Actually, I think its because they are LAZY, and rationalize it by making up excuses. And you don't lose 'half' your turning radius, not even a 1/4 turn. It kinda sucks, but its worth it.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
zYgoTe said:
Actually, I think its because they are LAZY, and rationalize it by making up excuses. And you don't lose 'half' your turning radius, not even a 1/4 turn. It kinda sucks, but its worth it.
I guess its just a matter of opinon, but I lost about half of my turning radius with the reloactors installd properly and I had trouble even getting into a parking spot. I still have the relocators on my truck and the shocks are in my garage. That rues out me trying to make excuses, I tried shocks and didnt like them, so I got rid of them

·
alone i break
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HEY ZYGOTE u have a bolt in set up in the rear right? well i was wondering if you knew a bout jasons new set up its like the air ride road grator i plan on getting the grator but if jason makes one some what like it i would rather give him the mony that air ride if ya have any info on eather i would app

·
Soon to be bagged
128 Posts
go to www.suicidedoors.com, then go to 4 links then go to S10 Wishbone 5-link kit, that is what the mad fab. god has come up with.......

·
alone i break
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya i seen that one but i also came a cross a new i think he is working on its i think exactly like the grator

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Derrick70 said:
HEY ZYGOTE u have a bolt in set up in the rear right? well i was wondering if you knew a bout jasons new set up its like the air ride road grator i plan on getting the grator but if jason makes one some what like it i would rather give him the mony that air ride if ya have any info on eather i would app
His new "5 link" bolt on kit is similar to the roadgrater in some aspects, but overall not really. It does look like a great kit tho. He does now sell the actual ART roadgrater on his site tho, maybe that's what you meant?

·
alone i break
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ic so its not like a nock off of the road grator its just the notch

1 - 20 of 22 Posts