S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know s10's have a front driverside lean problem, but was under the impression it was fixed when I got it slammed.

It was level for a few weeks. I brought it back after I noticed the lean coming back (this past weekend) and they said the passenger side may have settled first due to turning left more than right, and to keep driving it a week or two more.

I've put 1000 or 1500 miles on it since I had this done so I don't believe the "not settled" line. Anyone have some thoughts on this? Or how to fix it?

Kinda desperate since its rubbing over speed bumps and well dammit its leaning and looks lame.

*sigh* :rolleyes:

·
layn frame N flyn sparks
195 Posts
what are you running in front? springs and spindals or only one, also what brand's did you buy? I had a set of chassis tech drop spindals and my truck sat low on the passenger side. I After I bagged it I got sick of driving a crooked truck so I changed to belltech spindals and my truck sits fine now. If you only have drop springs try swap them left to right and maybe it will make the other spring settle too.

Jay

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea! thanks man, i may just swap the two sides.

either that or its getting bagged. im sick of it.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
just know that driverside has 900 more pounds than the passenger side

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
low_huh? said:
just know that driverside has 900 more pounds than the passenger side

so switching the parts from side to side.... will that help or will it still lean? ultimately will the two sides lay even once both are "settled"? im sick of driving a crooked truck. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
920 Posts
the driverside usually has more weight on it. the tank is on that side then there is the steering equipment and the console etc. I dont know if its 900 lbs but there is more weight on the driver side. My coils seemed to settle another half inch lately with 25000 miles on them so im thinking of switching out to ZQ8 front springs cause the fenderlip has suddlely begun to chew on my tire.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
like he said its the steering column, tank and a few other things......the guy who bagged my truck at sportruck specialties told me that cause he used to work at chevy and he was ase certified....:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts