S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, newbie here with some questions, i have a 94 with a 350 in it and i am looking to go another inch lower in the front, problem is i don't know what springs are in it as i bought it with the v-8 already installed. i heard there is front lowering blocks that go between the ball joint and the control arm, anyone heard of these? Thanks, Dev.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Off road companies like Fabtech make ball joint spacers that go between the upper a-arm and ball joint to lift the front up about and inch or 2. But what you're talking about would be the same spacer for the lower ball joint, which I guess would push the the spindle up. But I haven't heard of anyone making something like that for our trucks. Your best bet would be to either cut a little off the spring, which I don't think will give you the best ride, or somehow figure out what kind of springs you have and get shorter ones. Cutting the springs would be the easiest.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Ive never heard of them and they dont sound very safe, and I wouldnt recommend cutting the springs, altho if you want a cheap 1" drop up front, that may be your only option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AVTeKK what do you have on the front of your truck with the v-8, that's about how low i want mine, im almost there but i don't know what springs are in it or what ones to buy because of the v-8. Thanks, Devin.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
kray bone said:
^where would i find some of those?^
For the price of those you could afford spindles and a new set of coils . . . oh yeah and about $250 left to spend.

Your best bet is to take apart the front end and take a coil out and see if there's any kind of number or brand name on it. That would help you out even more cause then we would know what kind of coils you got and what you need.

If you cut a piece of the coil you're ride will NOT be horrible, it will make it a little more bouncy but it won't be impossible to live with since you only need like a 1" drop anyways, you don't have to cut that much off the coil since you have a V8 also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts