S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
sdime 98
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so back in feb of this year i had gotten into a minor fender bender which had cracked and smushed my front air deflector (98 s10 ext cab) into my front right tire, so i was fortunate enough to drive it home, and take the f***er off destroying it and some of the plastic clips which held it in place were a bit busted up. 1 week later bought an exact replacement only black not red, but i have only like 1 or 2 plastic clips out of i dont know 5 or 6 to hold it and im unable to remount it back on. (NY state law license plate yatta yatta) not pulled over so far (knock on wood), but what im getting at here is where can i find some or anything similar to mount the darn thing back up there. will try for pics later on hopefully.

p.s ive tried pepboys, autozone, searched online, not even google had any info. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
sdime 98
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you ebay your black grille?

i did ebay it to compare prices, and found it was cheaper to buy there for 35 dollars, rather than 70 anywhere else.

thanks a bunch for the help, i feel more stupid for not even thinking of normal household items :haha:

·
sdime 98
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the zip ties worked perfectly, till i drove about 10 feet realizing, that minor fender bender pushed my actual front bumper (the metal one) out of alignement, casuing it to still angle itself into the same tire. so im thinking a few good hits with a rubber mallet or find the disalignment and try and work on that should work.

·
This is doo doo baby!
10,360 Posts
well the zip ties worked perfectly, till i drove about 10 feet realizing, that minor fender bender pushed my actual front bumper (the metal one) out of alignement, casuing it to still angle itself into the same tire. so im thinking a few good hits with a rubber mallet or find the disalignment and try and work on that should work.
take off the grill and loosen the two bolts that bolt the bumper to the frame horns, the hole in the bumper for the bolts is slotted so you could just do that and pull the bumper out some then tighten back down the bolts.

·
sdime 98
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
take off the grill and loosen the two bolts that bolt the bumper to the frame horns, the hole in the bumper for the bolts is slotted so you could just do that and pull the bumper out some then tighten back down the bolts.
ill try that, thanks for the help everyone. currently in process of spraying the wheels anodized blue, will try and get some pics of the dime up soon.

·
sdime 98
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i finally got it on with some good ammount of problems, but lemme upload a few pics of my dime, and what ive done, including my still partly jacked up air deflector/ bumper + front left quarter panel

·
sdime 98
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>
see most of the gaps from the deflector to the bumper? i noticed that when i went to adjust it, one of the brackets that meets with the other for the bolt to screw into, well when i hit that person it bent inward causing disalignement. but i did what i could to mount the damn deflector for the time being.

·
sdime 98
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i wonder if your bumper could be slightly bent back with a big rubber mallet?

i was thinkin the same thing and almost attempted it but i lost my rubber mallet, but i do have a professional set for fixin dents like the metal hammers and crap, but i need time to do it some day or to experiment but so far this one is holding up.

i also got my shift knob off, cut the rubber case, used a dremel and 4 cutting blades, but like everyone said the shaft tip is to big so i bought a couple copper fittings and im going to use some plumbers goo crap to perm seal it since i dont have any welding tools. will update later with images

1 - 16 of 16 Posts