S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Beginner's Luck
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to paint the front grill on a 99 s10 with the lattice style grill? If anyone has done it, I would like to see pics. Thanks!

Derek

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
Here is my truck after I painted the grille....

·
its ya boyyy B weezy baby
34 Posts
im painting mine sometimes this week, what steps were involved, like did you use different kinds of sand paper? Will that grey paint sealer in a rattle can work, thought it might because its just plastic. I cant really remember but i think the grill is smooth already so did you even need to use any sand paper?

·
2 Slow 2 Pissed
464 Posts
prepsolve sand prepsolve sand prepsolve tape and mask off area and spray mines still holden up after like 3 yrs

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think he is referring to using a solvent to prep. Typically you use a wax and grease remover to get rid of contaminates (sp) before you start sanding (so you dont grind them into the plastic), then you sand, then clean with the wax and grease remover again before you paint. Again, this helps eliminate contaminates from ruining all your work.

Eric

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
I did it and it still looks fine...been about a year now

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
That's what I did, then fill in all of the rock chips with body glaze.

·
Registered
125 Posts
mildkustom00 said:
I think he is referring to using a solvent to prep.
Eric
Presolve is a product made for prep before finishing. Advance carries it, I think. Sherwin Williams carries Prepsolv.

I always use ammonia to take the wax off before that.

Seth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts