S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every 1 ....., i got 5" lowering springs for the front of my 82'...., i come to find that i need to notch out the frame to fit my lower control arm in ....., n e scematics on how to do this or diagrams or tech links would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
wow! thats gona ride like total sh!t. well, if your stuck on doing it good luck...Ill try and look for a pic to show you what you need to cut.

depending on how good you are, you could modify the lower control arm instead, you would have tocut off the very end were the ball joint mounts to, then reweld it back on about 2" higher with some new bracing.

the drop could be done, but its still not a good idea at all!

N

·
0 Posts
Is that all u got in the front is 5 inch coils or do u have spindles too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no spindals ...., cant afford them ...., its an 82 so the ride quality wasnt so hot to begin with ...., im 16 and still in highschool so i cant like work full time or n e thing and insurance is a bitch!

N

·
0 Posts
dkblue_82 said:
no spindals ...., cant afford them ...., its an 82 so the ride quality wasnt so hot to begin with ...., im 16 and still in highschool so i cant like work full time or n e thing and insurance is a bitch!
I here ya man. I'm 17 and it seems as soon as I have some cash to play its time to pay insurance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah .....,my auto shop teacher said hed do it for me or help me do it i just need diagrams or instructions of pics or something...., i looked but didnt really know where to find them.......,

N

·
0 Posts
Your lucky. My shop teacher wouldn't let me put spindles on, airshocks, and then when it came time to bag I wasn't allowed. O well did it myself in the dirt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my auto shop teacher is a tool ....., we break everything he brings in ...., its quite amusing..., but he still wont let me do it unless i prove to his old ass that i dindt just make it up and people actually do it ...., thats the ontario educationsystem for ya!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts