S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 s-10 that needs a new bumper. I was interested in upgraded the front. My local junkyard has a 99 s-10 and an 02 sonoma. Can i swap front ends and if so what parts do i need for the conversion?

headlamps, grille, both fenders, bumper? do i need the core support?

thank you

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,326 Posts
I have a 97 s-10 that needs a new bumper. I was interested in upgraded the front. My local junkyard has a 99 s-10 and an 02 sonoma. Can i swap front ends and if so what parts do i need for the conversion?

headlamps, grille, both fenders, bumper? do i need the core support?

thank you
fenders are the same. Core support, pigtails and bulbs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fenders from a 99 s-10 or an 02 sonoma are the same as a 97 s-10? i would have figured you need those in a front end swap. that's strange but if true... thats good!

·
CDN 2WD 2Gen 4-Door!
2,814 Posts
Someone Close This Thread Before My Head Explodes!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Numerous threads on this topic. Go to the top of the page and when you see the totm, or if you will toty/orange blazer look right above it and there is this thing called a search button!
i dont really care if there is a search feature. This is a forum... questions get asked over and over again. get over it. I have the privilege of asking any questions I want. Just like you have the privilege to complain. Normally I'd feel compelled to say "If YOU or the person BEFORE YOU do not wish to reply with an answer or point me to a link that sends me to a post with the answer.... then do not reply at all." then again... that would contradict what I said.

Moving on... from now on i will just ignore comments like those unless it has something to do with the topic at hand, even if 5 million forum member asked the same question yesterday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what really gets me... is the fact that guys like ya'll read the subject line before coming in here, then prepare yourself to make remarks like you did... to me. If it makes you feel awesome.... come to my place and grab you a Famous Amos cookie cause i am fresh outta Tollhouse

·
CDN 2WD 2Gen 4-Door!
2,814 Posts
Dude, its even a STICKY in the HOW-TO EXTERIOR section:
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/exterior-how-to/

Its annoying when noobs log on and ask a question that gets asked by a noob at least once a week. We couldnt have made it any easier than by doing a step by step write up with pictures and even listing the tools you need...there is a write up for going from 98 to 94-97 and from 94-97 to 98.

Even if you go to Google and type in s10 front end conversion, it brings up the how-to.

Spend at least 5 minutes on a site looking around before you ask a question...especially when the anser is not buried, its right there!

·
CDN 2WD 2Gen 4-Door!
2,814 Posts
i dont really care if there is a search feature. This is a forum... questions get asked over and over again. get over it. I have the privilege of asking any questions I want. Just like you have the privilege to complain. Normally I'd feel compelled to say "If YOU or the person BEFORE YOU do not wish to reply with an answer or point me to a link that sends me to a post with the answer.... then do not reply at all." then again... that would contradict what I said.

Moving on... from now on i will just ignore comments like those unless it has something to do with the topic at hand, even if 5 million forum member asked the same question yesterday.
This isnt e-how or ask jeeves.

This is a 'club' as much as it is a forum and as with any club, there are rules as to how you conduct yourself on here.

You cant just hop on here as noob and demand answers cause you cant be bothered to look yourself. That might work over on ilovebodykits.org, but not here. If you cant find the answer ask, but like i said, we made it a tech article, so read it (you couldve found it quicker than it took to write your previous post).

On top of everything, dont you want your answer right this second? Searching means you dont even have to wait for someone to reply!

Your copping the attitude of 'ill do whatever i want...now tell me!'? That wont fly here.

Welcome to s10forum.com...the home of black socks, rockstar belts, flat-billed hats, and @ssholes!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This isnt e-how or ask jeeves.

This is a 'club' as much as it is a forum and as with any club, there are rules as to how you conduct yourself on here.

You cant just hop on here as noob and demand answers cause you cant be bothered to look yourself. That might work over on ilovebodykits.org, but not here. If you cant find the answer ask, but like i said, we made it a tech article, so read it (you couldve found it quicker than it took to write your previous post).

On top of everything, dont you want your answer right this second? Searching means you dont even have to wait for someone to reply!

Your copping the attitude of 'ill do whatever i want...now tell me!'? That wont fly here.

Welcome to s10forum.com...the home of black socks, rockstar belts, flat-billed hats, and @ssholes!
i wasn't demanding. i was simply asking. you came off as a jackass. It is my natural instinct to come right back at you with the same attitude. All you had to do is... "please use the search, there are plenty of write ups... matter of fact there is a sticky about it" oh here's one I forgot you could have used since I am a NOOB... "welcome to the forum"

Instead you try to insult me with your use of Cpt Picard and the Starfleet interprise! Before this gets out of hand... i would like to appologize for being an assclown. It's just what I do best when it's done to me first.

I do not live on forums, nor do i post 5,000 posts or replies. If you want to not be bothered by noobs.... you try to give them the benefit of the doubt first hand then if it doesn't work you can just attack them. You never know... you may learn something from a noob.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont ask questions over and over again. There is a search button for a reason, and I would highly recomend using that feature.
i noticed your location is missing Mississippi. Do you ever come to the Scrapin the Coast event we have in Biloxi, MS?

·
CDN 2WD 2Gen 4-Door!
2,814 Posts
i wasn't demanding. i was simply asking. you came off as a jackass. It is my natural instinct to come right back at you with the same attitude. All you had to do is... "please use the search, there are plenty of write ups... matter of fact there is a sticky about it" oh here's one I forgot you could have used since I am a NOOB... "welcome to the forum"

Instead you try to insult me with your use of Cpt Picard and the Starfleet interprise! Before this gets out of hand... i would like to appologize for being an assclown. It's just what I do best when it's done to me first.

I do not live on forums, nor do i post 5,000 posts or replies. If you want to not be bothered by noobs.... you try to give them the benefit of the doubt first hand then if it doesn't work you can just attack them. You never know... you may learn something from a noob.
Enterprise.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i missed last year although i heard it was the biggest so far. I live down on the gulf coast

·
Registered
34 Posts
fenders are the same you will need the core support & head light assembly's & grill, you will need to wire up the head light , so you will need the sockets for the head lamps, good luck .. i did it & was done before noon..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts