S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows how or have performed the 97 to the 98 headlights/grill mod on there truck. I want to know if theres some documention on this. if I have to change or drill or weld anything. any help would be appreicated

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
well, it is all bolt in. what you need is a 98 up radiator core support lights and grill, i think you also need a 98 up head light wiring harness.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
hey mightymouse,

i think im gonna go to a 97 blazer front end the one with the onepiece composite headlights.
im going from a 1999 s-10 to 97 blazer, do you think i will need the headlight wireing harnes?

thanks
scott

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
yeah it should work fine. as a matter of fact, oreo, if you have a 97 sonoma and it has the flush mount compsite lights, you can keep the wiring harness you have.

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
yea thats what i was sayin....but..don't the 99...and all..have the 3157 bulb and a 194 bulb in the corner lens???...he does not have bumper lenses...soo..he would have a a couple bulbs left over.....the 194 goes into the corner les of the headlight....soo..I KNOW THE HEADLLIGHT PLUGS WILL WORK

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
hell yah thanks man,

i was thinking about getting like some small orange leds and putting them behinde the grill so you can only see them when they are on.

does anyone know about howmuch are billet grills for 97 blazer and a billet bowtie?

thanks alot guys
scott

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
if i knew the quality of the aftermarket parts then i might try them, but my experience with aftermarket body parts is they are complete schite!. my dad got some inner fenders for his truck and they didnt fit at all we had to wallow out all the hole to make them fit. i know sheetmetal parts dont fit easily but these just plain dident fit....

as for aftermarket coresupports and healights and grills. i dont know. i just want it all to fit and not be a headeach, and i know the OEM stuff is more than likley to fit with minimal effort.

tks
scott

1 - 20 of 21 Posts