S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
vroom vroom
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am real new to S-10s. I picked up a white '99 LS with a blown motor and am in the process of putting another in. The car itself was not taken care of very well and has lots of dings, but the major damage is to the lower front bumper where the chrome is bent and the plastic below is all mangled.

I'm trying to decide where I want to go in terms of replacing it.. is there a site which shows the different models (extreme, zr2, etc) and maybe one which sells oem replacements. I assume that all 98-04 front ends would work, too

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
774 Posts
you can buy a front bumper anywhere. just go to google and type auto body parts. it'll bring you to some sites where to buy em. or spend alil more $$$ at the dealership and they'll hook it up. good luck w/ the trucks build up! i wanna see some pics of that bitch!!

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
Also keep in mind that an Isuzu Hombre bumper will bolt right up, Sonoma, Oldsmoblie Bravada, Blazer, and Jimmy will all fit onto the truck, but choosing Sonoma, Bravada or Jimmy envolves changing headlights etc. too. Or the LS valance will work if you drill holes into the bumper for it to mount in. THe ZR2 is the same as the base model valance (unless it has LS appearance pacakge) just the ZR2 has the holes where vents would be for the tow hooks, or fog lights.

Also, if your truck says LS it doesn't mean it has the LS appearnce package, my LS doesn't, I'm pretty new to s10s too, but I think it's Base model, LS, LT, and Xtreme, but I'm not sure there's an LT model. The Xtreme having two bucket seats instead of the 60/40 seats and a different suspension, with body kits and rims.

What engine you putting in it?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
The Xtreme having two bucket seats instead of the 60/40 seats and a different suspension, with body kits and rims.

my xtreme has 60/40 seats..must be a special edition..I put a drifter bumper on mine. but I have to say the extreme kit is far more my favorite

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
Yup, that's the LS appearence package, which means there are holes drilled into your bumper that it mounts through, the base model doesn't. I personnelly like the LS pacakge more, but everyone I've asked prefers the base model, or Xtreme valance, I priced out the LS valance and impact strip at a GM dealer parts store for 160, I looked on ebay and can get them both for under 100 bucks and that's including shipping and handling costs. You can check wrecking yards too, 98-02 Blazers also have that same valance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02-CHEVY-S10-PICKUP-2WD-LS-LT-AIR-DEFLECTOR-VALANCE_W0QQitemZ8051005499QQcategoryZ33640QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-04-03-CHEVY-BLAZER-S10-LS-FRONT-BUMPER-IMPACT-STRIP_W0QQitemZ8051005521QQcategoryZ33640QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't really tell from the photo, but looks like your impact strip is fine, and if I was told right the usual GM clips hold it up, black washer looking deals that you have to pull the center knob out then the rest comes out. If it was me I'd go to the hardware store and use nuts and bolts to hold it up. Looks like you'd have to paint it to match, I couldn't find anything other than black. Also I know that the LS ones have a different grille, the bottom trim is gone, But I don't think it'd be a problem if you wanted to switch to base model valance.

·
-=-
3,175 Posts
TokoDragon said:
The Xtreme having two bucket seats instead of the 60/40 seats and a different suspension, with body kits and rims.
2.2X-10 said:
my xtreme has 60/40 seats..must be a special edition..I put a drifter bumper on mine. but I have to say the extreme kit is far more my favorite
Not all Xtreme's have bucket seats, mine also has a 60/40 and there isn't anything special about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts