S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Grille

circled in red... does anyone know what they are calling this bumper piece on car-part.com?
they have the dropdown list and you pick out the name of the part...
is this part the same on all gen2 s10 pickups? could one of these off any gen 2 blazer fit s10? i think its different on sonomas at least... but i may be wrong.

anyways, the one on my 2000 reg cab xtreme (not pictured) is very crusted up due to being repaired 2-3 times over the years. it needs totally refinished, and likely totally replaced, but i am generally at a loss for where to get a good one for cheap beyond the junkyard... on top of having zero clue how to remove it and also remove my xtreme front valence without breaking them...
are there any videos depicting this?
how thick is that circled bumper part in the pic above? thick enough to wire wheel some rust off and repaint?
i have heard the $100 ebay specials dont fit too great so i am hoping to either use the one i have or pull a good one from the yard.
thanks

·
Been there Done it
14,595 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, the you pull it yards here only have junk ones at the moment... so i tried to search car-part.com but i couldnt make heads or tails of what they are calling it on there...
i am not so much worried about the bumper removal as i am the xtreme front valence removal. is it generally the same as any other s10 valence? there isnt much detailed info on removing the xtreme valence...

·
Wat?
31 Posts
It is pretty much the same on removing the valance, you do have to take the grille out to get to a couple of the bolts for the bumper too. Don't have a straight from the front pic at the moment but I went with a solid chrome bumper
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
441 Posts
After removing any screws for the grille, pull it straight forward. The plastic tabs on the back of it (to which the metal retainers are mounted) are thin and not able to withstand much lateral force. If going through the effort to refinish the bumper, I suggest getting it abrasive blasted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just to Answer Part of your original Question, If you Look on LMC Truck it is just called the "Front Bumper". that part will only fir 98+ trucks, and Blazers. GMC and Olds are close but different.
94-97 Trucks and Blazers had turn signals in the front of the bumper and Plastic Corners. LMC Truck has Primer'd Front Bumpers for 120 bucks, Chrome is 165.
They are more Expensive than ebay But....
Good Luck

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car-part.com has the inventory for most junkyards. It gives a bunch of options for potential s10 front bumper-related items but after some extensive clicking i have found that pretty much every yard just lists the front bumper as the whole assembly-only
"bumper assy (front) includes cover"
... and after more extensive clicking i discovered the yard prices were sky high too!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Car-part.com has the inventory for most junkyards. It gives a bunch of options for potential s10 front bumper-related items but after some extensive clicking i have found that pretty much every yard just lists the front bumper as the whole assembly-only
"bumper assy (front) includes cover"
... and after more extensive clicking i discovered the yard prices were sky high too!
I replaced my Rear Step Bumper on my 95 with a Bumper from a 98+. I got it from a Local Pull-a-Part recently, 66 dollars by the time you add taxes, environmental Fee, and "Core" charge Plus the Dollar to get in. So... A New Bumper from LMC Might Be Higher in cost But, At least it will be Straight.
Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts