S-10 Forum banner

Front air dams

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MrPikles 
#1 ·
Aight i have another question for yall... i have abused the hell out of my front air damn on my 99' X. i am looking to just replace it, i was thinking about a Xenon like this one. has anyone installed one like this? i have found a pretty good deal on one through a friend that works at Pepboys.. which is where the Xenon site tells you to get them from. anyways, if yall could give advice or comments on what you think, and if there will be any problems if i do get that air dam, also any thoughts on different models, or makes from different manufactures would be greatly appreciated. thanx lata.

attached is a picture of the air dam that i want.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
i called xenon about those once they said they wouldn't meet up with the fender flares right., but they are workin on one specifically for X's. you can call them and see if they have them ready yet. heres there # 714-632-1709. it also doesn't come with the mesh insert. they said the owner of that truck bought the mesh at home depot and made it himself.

#4 · (Edited)
i just got that whole xenon kit in the mail last week. i just wanna say that the xenon front bumper is huge, its gonna hang down so low w/ my 2/3 drop. cant wait to get it painted. :cool:

sorry i dont know anyone w/ an xtreme to do any measuring for ya but eyeballing both front bumpers, xtreme vs xenon you can tell that the xenon is about 2-3+ inches bigger or lower and more then likely would not meet up w/ the xtremes stock ground fx.

i would recommend the street scene bumper. my friend has that one on his noma w/ no ground fx and it is a bit smaller then the xenon and would come pretty close to meeting up w/ the side skirts on the xtreme. i believe you can check it out at www.stylinconcepts.com

hope that helps ya out.
now i just have to worry about the lighting kit for the xenon bumper, it better have superwhite fogs!!

Edit: just measured from the top of the bumper to the bottom in the middle and its 14 inches. compare it to yours and see if it will work. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.