S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i stop at a red light or stop sign and then go the truck will bog and sometimes stall if i press the gas lightly. my gas tank fuel pump, cpi unit, and air filter have all been changed. sometimes the turck will do it other times the truck will not. i had a leakly connection at my fuel filter and i fixed it i thought i might of been lossing fuel pressure there, it worked for a day and then it did it to me again today.
is my problem a vacume leak in the fuel lines or at the tank? or clould it be something else.

thanks .
:monkeypee

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
Did you replace the nut kit when you did the CPI?

·
Early Member
3,135 Posts
Check for a vac. leak and your EGR. Also check your coil.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chevrolet did my cpi and 2nd fuel pump. i changed the intake gasket and i ordered a seal kit that had the send and return line o rings, the cpi seat rubber, and the pressure regulator oring.
no i dont think i had the nut kit, but everything was torqued to spek and the tech fixed a striped bolt number 2 or 3 i forget. anyhow,

if i have a gas leak on my filler neck would that be a problem?

fuel filter is recent
my plugs are okay and my wires jump, id probly need new wires.

I own a fuel pressure test kit can i determine if i hav a vac leak?

Problem 2:
looking for a solution to my aboout problem i came across an oil and green substance leaking into my air filter housing. the bottom of the old filter was soaked in oil and my wheel well underneath the airbox is aslo full of oil. there is a rubber hose that runs to the airbox from the valve cover. i let the truck idle and opend the box to find oil and a green stuff being blown slowly out the tube into the box. i think the green might be antifreeze and my trucks boggin cause the head gasket is blown.

could this be? i dont think oil is supposed to come out a vent tube?

please help. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
In order to rule out a head gasket, crank up the truck, let it run for a minute. I would drive it for a few miles. If there is antifreeze coming from the exhaust, you sir have a blown head gasket. If you pull the oil dip stick out and there is water in the oil, you sir have a cracked head. The oil in the breather is caused from blow by (to much crank case pressure i.e. worn out motor, or broken ring.) Depending on mileage. I would suggest running a compression test on each cylinder, that will tell you if you have good cylinder pressure and how good the rings are. Check around the intake where it bolts to block and heads and see if there are any visual leaks. It really sounds like the problem lies in the intake gasket, but you said that you just replaced it, so I could be wrong. Any way I hope you can make sense of all this I just woke up and I am still a little asleep.

Bit

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is normal water temp? im at 90deg celcius on my digital dash. the truck ran fine 24 hours then gave me trouble coming off the highway and then i let it idel about and hour, turned it off 15 minutes. then did the same highway trip back home stopped at mcdonalds and the went stop go stop go along a 60km zone with no problems. before i left my parents place i unplugged the oil breather that went into the air box. but i dont know if it was just coincidance.

should i go for a compression test, or save my money and park the truck im already poor cause of fing canadian tires stupid ass piece counter clerks. incompatant jerk offs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts