S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, here it is

87 2wd standard cab, short bed, headman headers, STANDARD 4 speed saginaw trans. and just a few miles past too much money.

i will have more deatils and part numbers once it's complete!

2 weeks out!
chris

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
pixelmonkey said:
well, here it is

87 2wd standard cab, short bed, headman headers, STANDARD 4 speed borg warner trans. and just a few miles past too much money.

i will have more deatils and part numbers once it's complete!

2 weeks out!
chris
oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. that looks goooooooooood! can we say WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?!:thumbup: :uhoh: :thumbup:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98 SS ON NOS said:
SWEET TRUCK BUT HAVE 3 SENTENCES FOR YOU
1) 15X5 RALLYS 15X8 4.5 BS RALLYS REAR
2) 165 15 FRONT 295 50 15 REAR
3) 2 MORE INCHES LOWER ALL AROUND

THAT WOULD MAKe it look like a drag truck!!!
1.)2.) currently 15x8 front, 15x10 rear... i know it wont hold it, but i want to use the stock rear-end for a few more months.

3.) I had it that low at one time, but scraped running down the highway, after measuring the truck since the motor swap, it's sitting 1&1/2 higher in front from the belltech springs to the stock springs (this is with the 2' drop spindle/hubs) the rear has the belltech leaves, and 2' blocks. i dont want to scrape the ground while running at speed, and might consider taking it lower this summer, but for now it will settle in on the current springs and run.

New Years weekend and the weekend after that, i will have several shots of the interior being built!!! you can see the current wire mess by browsing the photos, and when the truck is "complete" it will look something like "The S-10 GM should have built!"

i'll keep everyone posted!
chris

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
can't wait to see the interior. i just started mine. smoothing the dash, fiberglass work with new gauges and some fiber optic lighting. ought to be pretty interesting. nice ride.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
hey,
what upper radiator hose did you get..that looks like that one I need...but I haven't found one that fits yet...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xtremer-pxl said:
hey,
what upper radiator hose did you get..that looks like that one I need...but I haven't found one that fits yet...
it's for a 74 chevelle. or 72. the angle was perfect to clear the valve covers, but i had to cut around 8 inches off the thermostat end. when you see the hose, you'll know what i mean

as for the interior, all balck and brushed aluminum! seats from a 98 camaro, 5' tach and speedo, high beam / turn signal lights, X4 2&5/16' guages for oil pres, water temp, fuel level, and amps.

basic interior, but i'm undecided what type of console to build for the stero. I'm wanting to keep it basic, between the seats, or blow out the glove compartment.

time will tell!
chris

PS: thanks for the replys!

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
pixelmonkey said:

as for the interior, all balck and brushed aluminum! seats from a 98 camaro, 5' tach and speedo, high beam / turn signal lights, X4 2&5/16' guages for oil pres, water temp, fuel level, and amps.

great idea. the aluminum will look sweet against the black. can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
interior TIME!

well, the plates are being installed now!... the fuel guage, head unit, and 2 toggles will be added where the ash tray and catch all was. I'm still searching for a head unit! I want a SONY, so if anyone has suggestions, please throw them out! I've been looking at the MP3 Xplode systems, but they seem too high at the current time.

here are some photos!
http://www.missourimx.com/s10/disk10/Mvc-009f.jpg
http://www.missourimx.com/s10/disk10/Mvc-010f.jpg

NOTE: lcd lights for the high beam and turns! I will have some detailed photos online when the weather is right! (this is one truck that is never going to see snow!

most people just look at me and shake their heads,... the ones that understand what its all about smile :D
chris

·
Nasty V8 S10
211 Posts

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts