S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got a problem and i need some advice. on my way to my friends this afternoon a very large dog decides to run out in front of me. well it did a good bit of damage and i am pissed. it f'ed up my grille, pass side fender, door, and a good bit of the rear quarter. i spent a couple of hours tonight trying to pop the majority of the dent out of the rear quarter, but with no luck. the dent is huge, it goes from the back of the door to just pass the center of the rear tire and it is from the bottom of the truck all the way up to the top body line. i have pulled out all of the interior pieces on the pass side and tried drilling holes through the inner skin to push out some of the dent, somewhat worked, but in the process made the dent worse by putting nipples all over it. well i tried the trusty slide hammer, but there are too many creases caused by the dent. here is where i need a little help it is an '88 2door blazer, and i think i am going to just go ahead and replace the quarter, but i am not really sure where to start. sorry for such a long post. please give me a little info on how to get this done. thanks in advance.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
what about a rubber mallet?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think so, i didn't stop right when it happened cause it was raining and it was cold out. i went to my friend's house to pick him up and we back by there like two minutes later and the dog was gone, we saw right where it happened there was parts of grill and headlight on the ground. the owner must have heard it.
i was doing 'bout 50-55mph so there is little doubt that the dog could've survived.

and the reason i want to replace the whole panel is i don't wan't like ten pounds of bondo on the side of my truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're an asshole. Why wouldn't you stop and see if the dog survived, instead of letting it die on the side of the road? Becasue you are a whiny bitch and all you care about is your truck, thats why.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
is that dog was dumb enough to be on a road playing with traffic....but any way the dog would be dead for sure. if it can do that much damage it was dead before it passed out the rear bumper.the laws of physics tells us hes gone to doggy heaven.

·
Vicious Kustoms
148 Posts
got full coverage? thatl fix it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, liability only, and even if i had full coverage they would only pay to have the dents pulled and skimmed. all that'll do is bring up headaches in the future. i got in touch with a guy that works in a body shop here and he said he would do all labor for around 400 if i get all the parts. sounds fair to me.
i talked to a sherriff and he said that if i would've called the cops and had a report wrote up at the time of the accident then i could have pressed charges on the owner of the dog for not having the dog in a fenced in yard or on a chain. he said that their homeowner's insurance would cover it if they had it. i didn't bother with tho, it is bad enough that i just mowed down their dog, i'm not goin to take their money too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts