S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"I Like Mine With No Shine"
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it necessary to eyebrow the frame on the front to put bags on?

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I'm Back

Sorry Guy's we've just moved into our new shop so I've been busy with that. That being said.

Most kits have u eyebrow the frame enough to clear the bag. The easy street kit out of the box does not need the frame eyebrowed but the kit does not go as low.

We use a lot of Air Ride Technology front bag mounts as well as our own of similar design. The eyebrowing is pretty easy and can be done with a sawzall or plasma cutter.

Any other questions let me know cause I'm back again...

·
Lease is up in 2004
343 Posts
Hey Jeff AA....

I have the easy street kit on my Blazer X. I haven't done spindels yet. How much lower will other bags with the eyebrow in the front. Will it do me any good to go the other way considering I have G-effects on the front.

http://www.geocities.com/low_psi

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Well

Spindles will give you 2 inches and the easy street kit can be modified to get as low as the Air Ride Tech Kit. E mail me and I can let u know how.

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
Hey Jeff......... good to see you around. It's been a while.
Thought you might be interested to know that I am finally bagging my truck this spring!! Yay!!!! Hopefully I'll see you guys in Wasaga in the summer and I can show you. :D

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Hey

Sounds good. We also have new pricing for Air Lift and our new shop opening. If you wanna come check us, let me know and I can leave directions.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I just bagged the front of my 95 s10 and I had to trim a lot out of my frame to clear the 224c(2600) bag.I just used a plasma cutter and it didn't take long at all.Also, I wouldn't put the sway bar in or shocks unless you drive on real bumy roads.I live in Jersey and some roads are bumpy but my truck rides like a caddy with no sway bar and no shocks.I would use the bigger bag in the front if you plan on running a big rim.

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
NO shocks?

U know what, don't listen to anyone that tells u not to run shocks. No sway bar is one thing if there is independent control. No s hocks is just stupid. I've had the shocks off the front of my truck for a couple months and the thing rides like crap. If u want that 1980's cadilac float over bumps like your in a boat at sea then fine. Bumps are easier on the truck with no shocks then those soft dips in the road.

NO shocks is not that safe either cause if the front end gets bouncing u lose contact with the ground. Besides, shocks dont effect the speed of the truck up and down to the point where it is noticeable.

·
For Sale
190 Posts
im ridding w/ out my shocks.. and if ur 4 valvin it... you will have indipendent susp. basicly with air control in the bags... its not hard to mount them on if u change your mind.. so i say try it out before w/ out them on. and if u wanna change your mind later.. then go for it... but beaware for front shocks will change drop and raise speed also turning radius will be affected. =o)
peace:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thats what I was doing.I was just trying it without the shocks and sway bar.I have just the front done with 2 1/2in. smc's for each wheel.I tried it and have no complaints because personally I think it rides better than it did before I bagged it.Just my .02 though!

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I have to agree with Jeff............. riding with no shocks is awful!! It feels like cruisin' on the water in a boat. I guess if you have a strong stomach then taking the shocks out is a good idea to get the extra drop, but I know that my b/f's truck had the shocks out for 2 days and I made him put them back in because the ride was awful. If you can handle it then go for it, but if you've never ridden in a truck without shocks before, be prepared. :bah:

·
For Sale
190 Posts
slambags - problemo solved

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Hmmm

Maybe lol, never really compared, side to side is the most noticeble factor though. Now speed, I should find out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts