S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Ford 8.8 with disk brakes and all of the goodies out of a '97 Explorer. My question is, why the hell is the flange where the drive shaft bolts to 3 inches off centered?????? This doesn't seem good. I would think the drive shaft would snap. I know many people have done this swap before and I have never seen this question come up. I was also wondering what is need to hook up the rear brakes. I was planning on having the local driveshaft shop install the axle, I just want to make sure this will work. Thanks.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
dont worry. most axles are off center

as far as the brakes go, hook up whats left of the old to the new any specific ? feel free to post

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been told that the brake lines from the master cyl. need to be changed. Something about that disk brakes need more pressure and less volume and drum need more volume and less pressure. I could be backwards but I think its something like that. I also plan on putting in a proportioning valve to adjust the front/rear pressure. Once I am done, I will post any parts that I have used. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts