S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPS & FedEx showed up at work the other day. Now all I need are my Russell speed bleeders and a little Motul brake fluid...

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
gonna look hot on your truck. how much did that run you?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrn_89 said:
gonna look hot on your truck. how much did that run you?
Calipers were...damn...$489 @ Summit Racing. Brake lines came from Tire Rack..$95

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yell02sonoma said:
Have the same setup, you gonna run stock rotors or aftermarket ones?
I've had drilled rotors from Summit for a few years. They made an improvement over stock..IMO, but I've never been real happy with the brakes so I thought I'd give this a try. Of course, the eye candy appeal does't hurt either...:D

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well...I finally got them on...the butt decelerometer says much better...

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DROPTSBLAZE said:
nice...was it a pretty quick swap for ya?

I wasn't in a big rush so it took all day saturday and I finised up sunday morning. I changed out the rubber lines to braided stainless steel, flushed the entire system, had the rotors turned..idiots at NAPA dropped one of the bearings and didn't say anything. :rant: Went to repack them and it had a big ding in it. I ordered Russell Speedbleaders from Summit and they sent the wrong ones for the front. :rant: Polished up the Boyds and the whole install looks pretty good. I've got some pics I'll post if I can get Photobucket to co-oprerate.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here are some pics......technical difficulties:rant:

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For some reason I can only get Photo(junk) to load 1 at a time without shutting everything down..here's one anyway....

now it works...go figure.

·
WiLd-N-oUt
1,067 Posts
What rotors are you running from summit? Part number? I am oredering some and just wonder what you have since you said you like them. Did they really make a difference?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
boataddict26 said:
What rotors are you running from summit? Part number? I am oredering some and just wonder what you have since you said you like them. Did they really make a difference?

I don't recall the part number but they are Powerstop brand. Make sure you talk to someone at Summit or they will probably screw up the order. IMO they were an improvement over stock. I've been pretty easy on them since the caliper swap. I want to get them bedded in before I nail the brakes...:D

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Sick!!!
Dude does anyone make rotors that a drilled/slotted that DON'T RUST?

Those look sexy tho!

How much for a set of 4 calipers and 4 rotors?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Daveman2 said:
Sick!!!
Dude does anyone make rotors that a drilled/slotted that DON'T RUST?

Those look sexy tho!

How much for a set of 4 calipers and 4 rotors?

:rotf: These were susposed to be rust resistant. I only did the front. Fronts were $489 in color, shipped. Summit & Jegs doesn't in stock in color. Braided lines were $95 shipped from Tire Rack.....also, no joy from Summit or Jegs.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Damn thats a sexy set of brakes ya got there. I'm considering upgrading to stainless brake lines pretty soon (my stock ones are starting to seep fluid very slightly). Worthwhile upgrade or should I just stick with the stockers?

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
Do u think those would fit in a stock wheel?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bad94 said:
Do u think those would fit in a stock wheel?

They will fit...SS Brake # A181

1 - 20 of 22 Posts