S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my buddy on his 2001 has the bracket on the axle but not on the frame. so hes buying the bracket that goes on the frame and im gonna order him a doetsch tech shock that will be the hop shock. the factory hop shock is like 130 each but what im gonna do is measure from center bolt to center lets say is 10 inches. order a shocks that is 10.5 inches fully extended. ill try to find one that has a lot of pressure in it i think doetsch tech has 180 psi. then we will see if it helps. if it works out ill get back to you guys and tell you the shock length and what shock part number it is from summit. should only be 30 bucks

tony

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I was contemplating installing the factory hop shock on my 1994 S-10 to help with traction after the V-8 install.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if this doesnt work out i know where we can get a bunch of hop shocks and brakcet for id say 70 bucks. im waiting for the e mail back from the places and ill get back to you guys. if they say less than 70 ill tell them to get as many as they can and give you guys the numbers

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd be interested in a hop shock and bracket for that price.

been searching for them and coming up empty handed.

Keep us posted tony.

Bob

·
Registered
128 Posts
I will be needing the bracket and the shock also. Why did they stop putting the hop shock on the truck? Was it a poor design that didn't do the job? My truck has the welded on mount on the axle. The bad wrench guy at the dealership thjinks it's there because the axle is off of a blazer and the bracket is for the sway bar on the Blazer.

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
I've got one! I'm not even a ZQ8!

I bought my truck used in July of 99', and My truck had it. I didn't kow untill I put blocks on it!

The factory shock was too long with the 4in DJM blocks, but I ran with out it for a while anyway.

I eventually replaced it with a toxic shock that was 13.5 in long. (I think that was the size, Pretty sure).

It was great for a long time, and then we did the rear with air shocks, and dropped it even mor so it kinda defeated the purpose of it being there. But it is still there!

My truck isn't a ZQ8, I don't have access to my RPO's, but I can get the VIN if somone has a way to decipher what it says, (if the VIN would help any)....

Dawgnutz out...................... :thumbup:

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Why not get both?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was wondering if you could use an adjustable link in place of the dampner (shock). The way I'm thinking the suspension would still move up and down without any interference.

What do you all think?

·
It's not SiRSluRpEE because I like slurpees!
283 Posts
I was thinking maybe it would be a possibility to install another one on the other side by getting another axle, cutting the bracket off of that one, and welding it on the other side of the axle. If you did that would it be more effecient in stopping axle wrap? Also what is an adjustable link?

·
It's not SiRSluRpEE because I like slurpees!
283 Posts
Oh also, you'd have to do some modification to the bracket that bolts up to the frame but it wouldn't be incredibly hard to make...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts