S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took pics today and measured the blazer. here is the pics. for the xtreme guys this sits at what your trucks would sit with 3 inch drop springs and 2 inch blocks.

regualr s10 this is about the same as the zq8 with spindles and rear 3 inch blocks. a little lower but. the body kit hangs down from the real fenderlip which sits about 3/4 of a inch up. so you can go with 255 45 18 on a 3 4 drop no problems.

tony

Attachments

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
with 3" springs mine sat at about 27" in the front.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
That ounds right Jrod since the ZQ8 is about 1.5 inches lowered from the factroy

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
I finally got my 2000 Sonoma ext cab ZQ8 to level out. I have a V6 which makes the front end sit a little lower than a 4banger,but anywats the front was 27 inches and the rear was 28.75 inches. After i did the factory measurements i took the bumper off and measured again. The front was the same but the rear raised up to 29.35 inches. I had a GM rollpan put on. Also to level my truck out i used 2" belltech lowering blocks. It leveled my truck perfectly at all 4 corners. But WARNING!!!!!!!! I you do go ahead and do a 2-3 inch drop lower than the factory ZQ8 setting, HAVE THE REAR BUMPSTOPS CUT OFF or your ride will suffer. It is terrible riding around with 1/2 inch between the bumpstops and axle. I big bump will send your head into the headliner. *LOL* but 98 SS ON NOS has some excellent pictures of how to cut them off but a local tire/performace center will whack em off for 25-30 dollars.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
db so if i cut the bumps off..completely from the frame will the axle ever hit the frame?....i have 2/3 on xtreme btw....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts