S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i has my 12" jl w3 sub installed with it's box right be hind my drivers seat. Only problem is that i had my jack all taken out and now there's no room to put the jack back so it leaves me no choice but to rip it out cuz it's ugly. So my question is what's the best way to rip out the jack? and what's the best way to cover the holes that are left afterwards?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
sawzall the brackets out, or drill the spot welds out. dunno about covering the holes, tho.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
yep..thats wut i did..but i had a hole lol
only a small one..i just put silicon in it and put tape on it so it dont come out lol i havent had any problems.. :D

·
potholes SUCK!!!
173 Posts
i drilled out the spot welds. went a little deep on 1 so i just went for the mig welder and plugged the hole.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Drill out the spot welds and put pop revits in the holes with a little sealant on em that oughta work

·
Registered
132 Posts
Or you can use the little body plugs that you can pick up in the "Help" section of your favorite auto parts store.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Drilling and then plugging it up seemed to be easiest and less damaging. Done it to a few trucks. No problems.

·
Registered
181 Posts
PLASMA CUTTER!!! Sorry I work at a custom motorcycle shop and we have a metal shop next door so thats what I used but I'm sure a angle grinder or sawsall will take it right out

·
Registered
68 Posts
i just cut mine out yesterday i used an angle grinder with a thin cutting wheel and cut it flush to the cab then grinded it smooth
no holes at all

·
BLING BLING!
195 Posts
used my teeth and alot of anger lol just kiddin, used a air chisel and cut it off even with the cab,then grinded it didnt have to mess with duct tape or no silicone either, ur local stereo shop should be able to do it if u dont wanna do it urself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts