1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Picture is way to dark....can't tell

·
i dont have feelings
519 Posts
on my 91, the tensinoer never hit the hood, but the alternator did when the engine torqued over. there are ways to get that engine to sit lower...

·
S10 *****'s Youth Pastor
679 Posts
I just got thru putting a carbed 350 in my truck with the serpentine set up off of my 4.3 (91 pickup) and I kept the A/C Compressor and have a stock hood with NO clearance issues. Hope this helps. Good luck

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOOKIN4S10 said:
I just got thru putting a carbed 350 in my truck with the serpentine set up off of my 4.3 (91 pickup) and I kept the A/C Compressor and have a stock hood with NO clearance issues. Hope this helps. Good luck
How far back was your engine set back?

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
It will clear just fine as long as you didnt make some homemade mounts that raised the engine way up.

·
S10 *****'s Youth Pastor
679 Posts
My engine isn't set back any. I did wind up having to cut my core support to put my 4.3 radiator in it and use the regular flex fan.

·
Registered
441 Posts
you need to use the 2.8 mounts and use the lowest hole and it will clear the hood, I had the same problem when I did the swap

·
Registered
471 Posts
itll fit just fine weve done a couple like that one was on a 283 it was amazin when the guy took it off he picked up a ton of ET at the track.Just rember it looks like its gonna hit but your hood kicks up in the front before it goes back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts