S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya know, there are a lot of wicked setups out there. some people may not like it, some may love it. some people might like a reverse 4link, or a Z link, or a 2 link. some people would rather have a forward facing 4 link.

what does it really matter what someone uses? it's their truck, it's their choice. let them buy what they want, don't try to tell them "OMG, that's bad, get rid of that!!" if they wanted opinions on what setup to buy, they would have asked.

why is someone who doesn't like a setup referred to as a 'hater'?? this forum is all about personal opinions. face it, people may not like the same things you do. that is not a reason to call them a 'hater' by any means.

i personally am just tired of seeing someone called a 'hater' in just about every thread, just b/c they don't like a certain setup. it gets really old. the arguements about whether or not a 2 link is good or not, shit needs to stop. there's no reason for it!

let people post their work, give em props if you want, but don't suggest them "ripping out that POS 2 link and putting in a forward 4 link" if you have to resort to doing that, try clicking the button at the top of the screen labelled "Back" and don't post anything.

i'm done ranting now. keep hitten the switches and gettin the bitches!
:headbang: :afro: :smoke: :02redxbla :pimp: :racing: :welder: :sawzall: :bag:

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
If I see something that is obviously wrong, or ready to fail, then Im not gonna keep my mouth shut. And if I see something I dont like, Im gonna let them know about that as well. Ya cant have a forum be all positive comments, nothing will get done that way.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true. but if there are nothing but arguements about what's correct. nothing will get done either.

and about the obviously wrong, like incorrect placement of something, that's what this place is for, you're helping the person, not 'hatin' on them.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I can see both sides of it. But i do think that the people that have their opinion about certain 'Links' Could express their opinion in a different way...but then it blows back up in ure face with freedom of speech and expression yadda yadda...

I hate seeing all the people saying taht is wrong, u shouldnt have done that...I can see if it looks unsafe or if it is just tack welded in place.....then give ure opinion, but dont make people feel like asses all the time. We are here to help them...not make them have 2nd thoughts about going with an adjustable suspension. I could go on for days about this, and i have with other members on the forum.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
just to add to this i will do a forward or reverse the only thing i wont do is a 2 link. Hear me out on this one guys and girls. Ihave add to fix atleast 6 or 7 that came into the shop in TX. Im not going to say the names of the shops that did them but the problems that they had were axle welds brakeing, the leaf spring mount twisting from doing side to side, and the frame ripping where the bag was mounted. now im not saying it was the shops fault totally, cause it could of happened under mis use. but the only way i can see a 2 link working is if the bars were angled in like the old chevy trucks and burbans right near the driveshaft. i no som guiness can back me on that one. sorry i just had to vent on that one even though this might of not been the place to do it but i did it so if you want move it or just get rid of it. im just saying what i have seen within the past 5 yrs

·
Registered
476 Posts
The majority of people who praise 2 Links and Reverse 4 Links are people who have them and are trying to justify their purchase. The others are those who simply like to bicker and fight who they perceive as "Evil Coporate Guys trying to steal their Money".

If explaining vehicle dynamics and suspension design for the benefit of others makes me a "hater" pass the Haterade because I'm mighty thirsty.

All I ever try to do is educate. The people who argue can do so all they like...My Private Mail box is overflowing with people who have sat down, read the facts, and wrote to me for advice/help. These are the people that I post info for in the first place. I'm not trying to win an argument with everyone. I just post the facts, dispell the rumors, and then let everyone make there own decision...

The craziest thing is, I don't even sell anything. I don't work for a shop, I don't represent a company, I don't even sell stickers... I simply like helping people...

·
Registered
476 Posts
K-OTIC KUSTOMZ said:
but the only way i can see a 2 link working is if the bars were angled in like the old chevy trucks and burbans right near the driveshaft.
That's exactly right...It bother me as well when people argue "Those old Chevy Trucks have 2 Links, so mine should be fine" but they don't take the time to understand the differences between the Chevy Trailing Arm suspension and the 2 Link they are attempting to build.

In your defense, I would much rather see a reverse 4 Link than a 2 Link...:smoke:

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
K-OTIC KUSTOMZ said:
i no som guiness can back me on that one. sorry i just had to vent on that one even though this might of not been the place to do it but i did it so if you want move it or just get rid of it. im just saying what i have seen within the past 5 yrs
That first sentance above...makes absolutely no sense.

I understand if you are helping people because it is not safe...but they dont need to be told they are tools or not worthy because they are asking questions or saying that a poorly designed 2 link is better or even a 2 link from IF customs or Silver star is better. Its their opinion. The fighting about it just needs to stop. Dont be bickering and fighting about things like a 2 link or reverse 4 link....If someone wants to have a reverse 4 link, so be it. Tell them pro's and con's to having it...dont say... ure a tool for wanting that, and leaving them high and dry not knowing why u said that, or pissin them off and then they are just like fock it im outta here, and not come back to the site. Just like it has been said before, we are here to help.

There are only a hand full of people on the site that actually know what they are talking about and others value their opinion and I'm not mentioning names you know who u are. Then when the same people (in some instances) are gettin down on people makin em feel like crap, that just makes it so less people are reading what u have to say.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
:rolleyes: this isn't going like it's supposed to. i see comments being made that are going to start an arguement here, and that's exactly what needs to stop. it's getting old.

there isn't a problem voicing your opinion on something, but leave it at that! don't say "you should have used this setup, not that one"

help them out, don't put them down. in all honesty, this is the only forum on here that i see this much fighting going on (besides off topic and flame forum). and there is no need for it!! i mean hell, there are prolly some ultra killer rides on this forum that won't post pics of their setup in fear of being called out for usin a 2-link, or a reverse 4 link or something else that someone doesn't like.

this is a place to help each other out, give hints, tips, tricks, suggestions, not a place to say what is better, b/c the ONLY best thing is whatever the owner of the truck wants to use.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
anyone here want to see some real put-downs and flaming, goto probetalk.com. i'd say this place is heaven compared to there..but you do have a point y2k. Cant really stop people from voicing their opinion on a 2 link reverse 4 link..or on anything, but for those of you that do, i agree 100% have the respect and explain why you feel that way, maybe you'll change someones mind for the better.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
correct, we can't stop (we actually can..LOL) people from voicing their opinions, i'll agree with that. but there's no need to try and change someone's mind. that's what everybody is trying to do, and everybody is calling everybody else haters b/c of this.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
right..but in event..this board has been more helpful than not to me, i have learned alot, and IN GENERAL most people are friendly, and ALWAYS willing to help. so to put a little bit of positivity (is that word?) in to the thread, thanks guys for all of your help. If this problem wanted to be solved...admins could just amend all posts to say "hey, to each their own" at the end. lol then everyones posts would be completely opinionated, and neutral. :p

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Well, if it matters, S10Forum can't be held liable if you go install an improper setup on truck, it fails and then you try to sue us for something you read on the internet.

That's BS.

The Admin/moderator staff are here to advise people (as part of their regular duties) on what they should/could do. I'm not saying that any setup is wrong, but people saying their is nothing wrong with this setup or that setup (even though it has been proven) is just plain ridiculous.

We've established that links are ill-design so if there any continuing threads bashing 2 links they will be removed.

So anybody asking about a link will be directed to the thread at the top of the forum. If the continue to want that, that's fine, but I dont expect people to constantly have to explain the nature of the setup.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
All I can say is, who cares.. I mean its not my truck, and if its not your truck, dont worry about it. most of the guys know a 2 link is not the best setup. just because someone uses one, doesnt give you the right to constantly tell them how bad you think there setup sucks.... I dont know what else to say, like southern said, you guys can continue to keep arguing about them, but rest assure that the posts will most likely just be deleted.

So just save the mods time, and dont even bother posting an arguement.

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
EyePoppin said:
I can see both sides of it. But i do think that the people that have their opinion about certain 'Links' Could express their opinion in a different way...but then it blows back up in ure face with freedom of speech and expression yadda yadda...

I hate seeing all the people saying taht is wrong, u shouldnt have done that...I can see if it looks unsafe or if it is just tack welded in place.....then give ure opinion, but dont make people feel like asses all the time. We are here to help them...not make them have 2nd thoughts about going with an adjustable suspension. I could go on for days about this, and i have with other members on the forum.

Man I couldn't agree more with eyepoppin and y2k. they hit the nail right on the head for me. Feel free to post your thoughts on it, thats what the forums are for but at least be respectful when voicing your opinion and not make the person feel like an idiot.

·
Lazy Ass Member
186 Posts
i dont think theres anything wrong with people voicing their own opinions as long as its done respectfully. if you dont think someone's setup is good, let them know why its not good mechanically. dont just say "that setup sucks, get a regular facing tri 4 link" or whatver. if there is an honest mechanical issue wrong with the person's truck, let them know but all the other bs should stay out of it.

·
Lets go RED WINGS
469 Posts
I know Ive learned quite a bit from the arguements about 2 links and reverse 4 links. But yah now that theres a sticky on it at the top it doesnt need to be dragged out anymore.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts