S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get along with your injection set-up?I would like to here some feedback before I spend so much cash!were you on the dyno for tuning and did it save you any gas?any troubles a man should know about?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Overall, I like the injection. At first, it was a little intimidating trying to tune it, but once you get used to it, it's pretty nice. On the Hot Rod Power tour this year, I drove from Effingham, Ill to Springfield, MO which is about 600 miles. I averaged 22-24 mpg. I was driving between 80 and 145 the whole way with an average speed of probably somewhere around 90 mph. Response blows away 99.9% of all carbeuration setups that are actually set up right. I can be rolling somewhere around 40 or 50 mph in 2nd (I have a 700R4 trans) and nail it and it instantly goes sideways. I have yet to get any dyno time as I told myself I would not spend the money until I redid my engine with the JE ultra lite pistons, my head portwork and flowbenching, my new 30# injectors and a cam change. I am expecting somewhere around 500 flywheel HP which should factor out to somewhere around 300-350 Rear wheel HP after you figure in the loss through the trans and 9" rear. One of the 1st things I did was take the fixed Fuel pressure regulator off and replace it with a Hypertech adjustable. You can do some pretty decent tuning with that, too. . If you have any tunability questions, let me know and I will see if I can help.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
injection

Are you going to a hyd. roller?and do you think it would work better with a wider lobe seperation?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I already have a hydraulic roller cam. It is currently the Comp Cams XE282. 282/288advertised, 230/[email protected] and .510/.520 with 1.5 rockers. I am going to go to a bit smaller cam, the XE270. I will add that cam, Comp Cams ProMagnum roller rockers, and add an AFR hydra rev kit to the valvetrain, will do portwork and flowbenching on the heads, higher compression pistons, maybe a little spray...... Should do somewhere around 500 at the flywheel on the engine and 650-700 on the spray. Still hoping to maintain the 20+ mpg, too. If you want to see my engine, go to www.chevroletpower.cz28.com and click Ryan's 87 S10 to see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

I have a 383 with rpm heads,roller rockers,280magnum cam,air gap intake,10.1compression,eagle rods,750carb at the time .I am using a Fairbanks racing 700R4 with a 2400 stall conv.and 3.42 gears.285/40 18in.Yokohamas in the rear.It is not a dragster,instead kind of a road racer.The gas is expensive here in germany and I think that the injection will pay for itself in a couple of years!I also have bought me a 270hyd.roller from comp.I think it will do the trick.Thanks again and I will check out your site .Rick:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts