S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey here is a pic on the intercooler mounting in machs kits and how ours are going to be setup

Attachments

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow, okay its letting me post anything BUt that one pic...so..... well, theres proof a NA 2.2 can do a burnout??

Attachments

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
Is that actually the bottom of the intercooler sticking out under the bumper, or is that some kind of scoop?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a scoop, the intercooler is laying basically on top of it, flat....

Caleb

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
my 2.2 could do a burnout all day long. its easy. I dont dig the scoop. Almost looks ricey. how far along is your truck at this point?

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
i wasnt complaining, I personally just thing that it could be done differently. If thats how summerwolf wants his setup. Then great! Yah for him. then after my comment I asked "How far along is your truck at this point?" so obviously, i care to see the progress. go read into someelses post now. Gracious...

·
Fear My Stupidity
1,293 Posts
with a 3" or 4" front drop that scoop will take some heavy damage...

·
Muff Divin' Member
2,031 Posts
Philly said:
with a 3" or 4" front drop that scoop will take some heavy damage...

uhhh that's why that person won't be gettin a 3" or 4" drop.....if he wanted it dropped then he obviously would not have the scoop

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
not to be the downer either but that is not any better than the down pipe that turbos10 came up with in his new kit that gmcxpress was having so many cleanence issues with.think about it if you even hit a driveway fast that thing is going to get bent up or torn up.coming from mach i would expect a better design than that.there are plenty of places to put it and maybe its just a scoop but it will get mangled after a while of driving on the freeway or even going in/out of parking lots and driveways.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
and plus if he really wants to sell this kit then he's going to have to make it work on lowered dimes too.that's what most everyone who wants a turbo setup has.if not its not better that turbos10's kit for twice the money.personally blades has the best kit so far.it actuall functions correctly its made correctly and there are no clearence issues at all.the only bummer is having to ditch the a/c.but what do you want power or comfort cause you will give one place or another in order to accomplish your goals.but once again you need to talk to mach and see if he can take a look at goofy guys dyno sheet so he can see that we need a bigger turbo than what he providing and to tell him to relocate that hole intercooler bs he's got going.im just talking from a consumers point of view.most of the people who want these things are lowered and probably will not splurge on a kit that is going to be destroyed because they dont want to sacrafice the look of the truck for a couple of ponies...........

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my truck is lowered 4/5.......lol.

Thats the way there kits have ALWAYS been done, because what he says the airflow gives the intercooler some incredible efficiency rating....with my valence, I'm going to mount that scoop on top so that the air going through the valence just forces it down and I get the same efficiency with no clearance issue.

I haven't talked to them for a couple weeks, so I don't know how the truck is coming...last I heard they were still moving into the new facility.

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I'm sorry, but a whole new manifold, computer tuning, optimal pipe routing etc is worth the money....

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and thats not really how I WANT my setup, I want a big azz FMIC for the look of it, cause I'd probably actually lose some efficiency.....but, thats the way the kits are coming.

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my truck is lowered 4/5.......lol.

Thats the way there kits have ALWAYS been done, because what he says the airflow gives the intercooler some incredible efficiency rating....with my valence, I'm going to mount that scoop on top so that the air going through the valence just forces it down and I get the same efficiency with no clearance issue.

I haven't talked to them for a couple weeks, so I don't know how the truck is coming...last I heard they were still moving into the new facility.

Caleb

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Hey why do you have to ditch the a/c? Ive got air and Im posting pretty damn good without a intercooler. I would love to see the setup.

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
Seems like a lot of work to be getting 200-225 hp. Even if it was more than that it'd still be a lot of money. I'm not dissing what you're doing. It's awesome as hell and I'd love to have it. But aren't there a shitload cheaper ways to get that kidn of horsepower? Just a v8 swap? Seems like you'd get alot more bang for your buck.

Brad

·
CURL UP AND DIE
357 Posts
hey mustard_madman, sorry about that last post dude...that came out totally wrong. there i go sounding like a dick again. Ant

1 - 20 of 33 Posts