S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so you want to lower your s10 with spindles and blocks. and you do it and dam it leans. heres a few things i do before i lower any truck

1) if im just doing blocks measure the back to top of fenderlips. make sure about 1/2 tank of gas is in there. if the right rear is 1/2 inch higher you will notice it even more when you lower it. so what i do is shave 1/2 inch off drivers block to even it out. many times with leafs you have to let it all settle in and may have to shave off the blocks.

2) in front same thing measure to the fenderlip most likly the pass side is 1/2 inch higher. loosen the drivers side sway bar and cut 1/2 inch off the pass side sway bar and use spacers to get it to thred tight should work out fine.

this week im doing my #60 truck so if you have any questions ask away

tony

·
0 Posts
Hey Tony, what exactly do I cut on the sway bar? How much should I cut if it is about a half an inch too high? Can you give me more details please?

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
the sway bar or the end links? why not just get a 1/2" shorter endlink?

·
one-eyed willy
50 Posts
Hey I was wondering if anyone has experience with dropping and having 20"s? I have 20's with 255/35/20 tires and want them to fit more snug in the wheel well but know nothing about dropping. Plus I only want to drop it a few inches, is this possible without having to modify anything or have any problems with the tires. Any ideas on what I would need to do it would help too. Any suggestions? thanks guys!

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,784 Posts
Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me how would a 2/3 drop or a 3/3 drop look on a 2003 chevy s10 extended cab
just like a 2/3 drop on any 98+ xcab you see pics of anywhere around here
but damn this is an old thread

·
S10 TIRE/WHEEL MASTER
3,455 Posts
**** 6 years is a new record. I started on these trucks lowering in 96 lol been around to long.

Many things changed since this post. No longer touch the sway bars i adjsut the springs differently to get it even and rear i use the jags that run blocks now that has the 1/2 inch block if needed.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,784 Posts
so ur one of those people that started thw 'swaybar endlink chevy lean fix'
i hate that

·
Registered
563 Posts
you shouldnt have to do anything to it, besides put the blocks spindles and springs in, i have never heard of anyones truck leaning from any of that unless it wasnt put in right, but i dont know how you would put them in wrong sense they only go in one way. about the sway bar i never touched mine when my truck was just lowered and its still where it is and my truck is bagged now, but it will be gone soon when i put in my control arms, just thought i would add

·
Float like a butterfly
20,926 Posts
you shouldnt have to do anything to it, besides put the blocks spindles and springs in, i have never heard of anyones truck leaning from any of that unless it wasnt put in right, but i dont know how you would put them in wrong sense they only go in one way. about the sway bar i never touched mine when my truck was just lowered and its still where it is and my truck is bagged now, but it will be gone soon when i put in my control arms, just thought i would add
they usually lean from years of uneven side-to-side weight distribution. since the driver and the fuel tank are on the same side there always more weight on that side.

·
S10 TIRE/WHEEL MASTER
3,455 Posts

They sit uneven just like the fullsize silverados and colorados do. The springs on s10s if you set both sides between the 2 drinholes drivers side will sit lower. To get this right the first time pass side spring go past the 2nd drainhole to the lowest part on the a arm and driers side abotu 1/4 inch before first drainhole.

95 percent of the trucks drivers side usually sits lower.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts